CRA's

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by S.D., Nov 7, 2000.

1. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Do all three CRA's have the same information? I had a bunch of stuff deleted from my Equifax report, but I haven't even thought about the other two. Would I have to contact the other two and go through the same process as with Equifax? What a headache!!

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Not always, some deliquent items may appear on one and not another, same with inquires. But yes you need to dispute any info with EACH agency. I suggest you get copies of the other 2 and see what exactly is on them.

3. Russ

Russ Guest

No, some creditors will report to EQuifax/ TU/ or Experian. Some will report to EQ/ TU but not Experian. Some will report to Experian/ TU but not Equifax.. get what I am saying?

Russ

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Each credit reporting agency is an independent company. They do not work together in any fashion. You have to contact each bureau and get a copy of your report to find out what they are saying about you to potential lenders. If they have mistakes you have to deal with each one individually. Error are a given in this business.

roni.

Russ wrote:
    -------------------------------
    No, some creditors will report to EQuifax/ TU/ or Experian. Some will report to EQ/ TU but not Experian. Some will report to Experian/ TU but not Equifax.. get what I am saying?

Russ

5. pat

pat Guest

it depends....

if you are disputing true items, trying to have them removed, you need to write all 3 CRAs.
    If the item is completely false, it is often easier to ask the creditor to delete the item from all three reports (they can send a fax to all 3 CRAs), but yu can write all 3 CRAs.