CRAs

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JD, Feb 7, 2001.

1. JD

JD Guest

I ordered all three of my crs on-line on last Friday. Today I received one from Experian (pretty fast). I had recently tried to co-sign a loan for my daughter at a bank and they turned me down (but went ahead and approved my daughter if I got off the app!!) Anyway, I knew I had a few things but nothing serious. The bank gave me a copy of the report from the cra. On that report they had an empirica score of 601. It also said I had a derrogatory public record but listed no details. On the report I received today from Experian it had a public record (some kind of court judgement) listed and it definitely is not mine. It also has two previous addresses that are not mine. Should I call Experian first or send a copy of my disputes in the mail? I've read plenty of posts about disputing one item at a time but when so many things are blatantly incorrect, it seems to warrant trying to straightening it all out at the same time.

2. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

First I'd call and see if you can get those addresses deleted by phone. Then you can tackle the judgement. Did they tell you who or what the judgement was for? By law, they have to disclose that information to you. If you call they will probably tell you.

3. JD

JD Guest

Hi Jamie - Not a lot of money, 350.00. The report lists the company as "All Cycle Waste." Sounds like someone had a big garbage bill!!

4. JD

JD Guest

Also - Jamie - you were trying to help me with the Ford Credit problem. This experian report I just got only shows one Ford Credit account and it has "never late" for a payment record.

5. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Congratulations, that was quick. Took me 2.5 years of constant complaining.

6. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Oh, the garbage bill, shouldn't be a problem. Could it be linked to one of those eronious addresses?

7. JD

JD Guest

I still have two reports to go. If it shows the same on those, then I'll feel better.

8. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

How did you get results so quickly?

9. JD

JD Guest

The delinquent info re Ford Credit appeared on a copy of my cr the bank gave me. That's the one that shows an empirica score. I think that may have come from Trans Union, it doesn't really say anywhere on the report. The Experien report is the one with the positive info re Ford Credit. That report I received in the mail today after ordering it on-line on Friday. I am still waiting for copies of the Trans Union and Equifax reports.

10. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

So maybe it was never reported to Experian? That happened to me. I have a collection acct on my Equifax and TU. But its not on Experian. Lucky for me, that one is perfect. We were told by Ford Credit that Experian is our main Credit Reporting Agency.