Crdt Dfnse..Anthony... question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by doodyhead, Aug 22, 2001.

1. doodyhead

doodyhead Well-Known Member

You have so many posts, its hard to go back & read each one to figure out what you really do. I looked at your site & it won't be working until 12/2002!? What will be the purpose of your service?

Also, I get the impression you run a collection agency? Or work at one? Could you purchase some of my bad debts & strike a deal? LOL

Anyway, just wondering what is up with this credit defense deal.

2. Ms. Cinder

Ms. Cinder Active Member

Good question....
    Cinder

3. Crdt Dfnse

Crdt Dfnse Well-Known Member

Doodyhead:
    LOL, sometimes I wonder the same thing, what with patent headaches and such. [;-)

Seriously though, what we are doing is developing a multi-site (unique) system dealing with debt. And while I shouldnâ??t go into too much detail, as discretion is important, I can say that itâ??s like nothing available today! Iâ??ve spent the past few years researching (all fascist) of what is lacking in todayâ??s â??debtâ? industry (generally), and now weâ??re developing the system.

At present Iâ??m not in the asset collection business per se, but spent a great number of years in it. Still, I like to post here to help others, while at the same time keep a pulse of what consumers are looking for. I do far more lurking than posting, here and elsewhere, rest assured.

Thanks for asking about us; itâ??s nice that youâ??ve shown an interest.

4. doodyhead

doodyhead Well-Known Member

Well, can't you at least hurry it up a bit? LOL

5. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Normally I don't pick on typo(s) but that one caught my eye and was too funny Forgive me Anthony, my apologies for this in advance :)

---------------
    fas·cist (fshst) n.
    often Fascist An advocate or adherent of fascism.
    A reactionary or dictatorial person.
    ----------------

maybe Mussolini was really a facets :)

-Peace, Dave

6. chelechele

chelechele Well-Known Member

Oh Lord...here we go....Next it's all about the CAPS baby.......

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I'm sure the spellchecker okay'd it!!

LOL

breeze

8. river

river Well-Known Member

There are people in this world that have nothing better to do but troll the message boards and correct others spelling or make a joke of ones questions and/or answers. Oh well,just a part of life. This has a tendancy to get annoying at times.

9. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Trolling boards to correct spelling and seeing the "pun"ny result in Anthoy's (obviously not intended) statement of the many fascists of credit are two different things. Smile River, it makes for a better day, I won't let your frown effect mine.

-Peace, Dave

10. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Ok, maybe it's just me, but what did he mean by "fascist"? I'm trying to discern the word he actually was attempting, but I'm beginning to think I'm the only one who can't figure it out from the context. Argh. :)

Doc

11. PsychDoc

AHA! LOL... FACETS...

Lordy.

Doc

12. PsychDoc

Ok, I'm sorry for three posts in a row, but I can't resist this:

Perhaps the word "fascists" was intended. After all, most debt collectors ARE fascists.

Doc :)

13. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

See, Doc sees the humor in this faux-pas! :)

maybe Mussolini was really a facets :)
    most debt collectors ARE fascists. :)

Hehehehehe

14. chelechele

Chele got it too...I guess some people are strictly business on this site and can't take time to see humor in things....smile :)....you could make someones day..... :)

15. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I take it all with a grain of salt. If all else fails, I know where the switch is on this machine, LOL.

breeze

16. river

river Well-Known Member

Rover????????? I see no humor in taking ones' name out of context. I did NOT mention any names in my above post nor did I take anyones name out of context.WOOF!!!WOOF!!!.<grin>RELAX!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Sheeesh that WAS also a typo (that I and O are close ya know)...I corrected it seconds after I entered it, relax River take a pill, or chew a bone.

-Peace, Dave

In fact your post at 12:25 was 37 minutes after I corrected river/rover...not sure how you even see that 22 minutes after I was allowed to correct it. The marvels of modern science...oh well never meant offense. Seizure Later.

18. PsychDoc

Anthony's post regarding patent battles sparked my curiosity, so I just conducted a full patent search (both granted and pending) as well as a full trademark search.

I did find that Anthony Villasenor abandoned a trademark (actually, a word mark) for "INTERNATIONAL INTERNET INFRASTRUCTURES INCORPORATED" on January 30, 1997. Since it was abandoned, the trademark is considered dead by the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office. The description for the project was pretty arcane: "consulting in the field of Internet networking, telecommunications technologies, and mangement of Internet services." That one's in the dead file.

I found that Anthony Villasenor has held no other trademarks. However I did discover two existing marks for products with a similar name. The phrase "CREDIT DEFENSE" was registered by Wells Fargo & Company on November 30, 2000, and that is listed as a live service mark. Uh-oh, looks like a potential serious problem! The stylized word "CREDITDEFENSE" (with no space between CREDIT and DEFENSE) was registered as a service mark by Signature Financial/Marketing, Inc., a Delaware corporation, on February 6, 2001. That particular trademark was published for opposing comments on November 30, 1999, and it doesn't look like anyone challenged it before it was granted.

Although no one has attempted to register the plural (the way Anthony uses it) -- i.e., CREDITDEFENSES -- trademark law makes it pretty clear that pluralizing or depluralizing an existing trademark does not create a new mark. In other words, you can't open McDonald Hamburgers (rather than McDonald's) and get away with it.

As for patents, I found no patents, either granted or pending, listed where Anthony Villasenor is the owner.

Well, I guess my research has shed no light on what it is that Anthony is referencing, LOL, but I tried.

Doc

19. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Maybe he's selling faucets.

20. chelechele

Crikey!! You guys kill me...ROTFLMAO.....Yeah baby...make love not war......