Credco.com Decode Generator

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Kittw1, Jun 25, 2002.

1. dep_tx

dep_tx Well-Known Member

can you give me the info for American Agencies?

2. smogtek

smogtek Well-Known Member

You bet:

American Agencies
    2158 190th Street
    Torrance, CA 90504-6103
    Phone: 310-212-0400
    Fax: 310-212-0437
    Mark Slagle, Vice President
    E-Mail: mdslagle@earthlink.net

or

PO Box 2829
    Torrance, CA 90509

3. dep_tx

dep_tx Well-Known Member

thanks alot

4. jambe

jambe Well-Known Member

Ooohh, a VP email. If he is even remotely aware of the crap letters they send out...man, I should mail bomb that guy!

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Deceptive trade practice. There are laws against that.

6. Niner849

Niner849 Well-Known Member

Wow, I have something in collections with American Agencies. Did you read what the BBB had to say about them?

Andi

7. lilgong

lilgong Well-Known Member

guys,,,

what is credco.com? I thought it was a third party credit puller when you get your report online? they have an inquiry on my experian,,

thanks,,,,

8. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

They actually removed the text "Decode Generator" from their website. Used to be the words were there but the link went to a temporary "Out of Service" page (leading me to hope it will one day be back)...now it is totally gone.

I guess this means it will not be back.

-Peace, Dave

PS Who is First American Credco:

I believe they provide a Tri-Merge report of your credit history from the big 3, along with a FICO score.

Everything you need for fast loan processing from a single source: appraisal, credit information, flood certification, loan closing documentation, loan origination software, tax data, and title insurance, delivered directly to your PC or via the Internet.

First American CREDCO is a consumer credit reporting agency and not a credit bureau or a credit grantor. Our contractual relationship with the three national repositories (Experian, Equifax, and Trans Union, also known as credit bureaus) allows us to provide credit reports to our clients (in connection with mortgage, automotive credit and other consumer loans) by obtaining credit reports and other credit data from the national repositories. First American CREDCO does not maintain permanent credit information files on consumers, grant credit, or issue loans.

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

They probably removed it because consumers were using it to locate the CA's who don't like being located :). Should we offer to pay them for their services? They could offer a subscription service, like the CRA's do.

10. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Now Breeze that would be 'DA BOMB!!! I would pay for that. My subscription would never go to collections!! LOL!

11. annie

annie Well-Known Member

KittW1,

How are you? Have missed your posts. Are you still with AmEx? Glad to see you still around.

12. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Hey girl! Where ya been? LTNS.

Here's a link with an email address - next to the last link on the page. I sent them a little note, do the same. I think we should let them know that we are interested. :D

http://www.credco.com/Contact Us.htm

13. smogtek

smogtek Well-Known Member

There's a thread over on creditinfocenter.com "Repair Tips" with someone's opinion on what happened.

Sounds believable to me.

14. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

The decode generator was valuable because it had the Subscriber Codes.

These companies do NOT want their SC's available to the public. It was only a matter of time it would be shut down.

:(

15. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Well Annie, I no longer work for AMEX, got cut in the 4000 layoffs. I am so happy too, especially since they are losing all kinds of accounts since my departure. I am great and loving mommyhood!!!

AND BREEZE, Regarding:
    Hey girl! Where ya been? LTNS.

Here's a link with an email address - next to the last link on the page. I sent them a little note, do the same. I think we should let them know that we are interested. :D

I have just been preparing to go to school for FREE. I will send an email this morning!!

16. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

School for free?? Wonderful!!

17. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

For those of you laid off ask your
    State Department of Labor rep about the Workforce Investment Act (WIA).