Credicorp...A good laugh

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jimbo, May 21, 2000.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo Guest

I owe tens of thousands of dollars. I have no less then two collection agencies after me for hospital bills. I couldn't get another legitimate credit card on a bet. But lo and behold along comes Credicorp offering me $10,000.00 of credit. Now what's wrong with this picture? I couldn't sign my name and send in the $29.95 annual fee fast enough. I've always wanted to pay over inflated prices for items and now's my chance! Just kidding.

Thanks Credicorp. Burn in you know where.

2. Alex - Cre

Alex - Cre Guest

The FTC and several AG's have been after Credicorp for quite a long time, yet they never seem to dissapear, their strategy is the same, they go after people with credit problems (the worst credit, the better) and they offer them a $10,000 credit line which to someone in great need of a credit card they jump at the chance and send in the money without reading the microscopic fine print. Just another unethical so called "Company" to stay FAR away from.

A.F.

-----------------
    Bad Credit? No Credit? Let Us Help!
    http://www.Creditinsiders.com

3. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

What microscopic fine print are you talking about? Unless you managed to get a different application than mine (extremely unlikely since Credicorp always sends the same cheap half-page printout) with the ONLY DIFFERENCE being the line at the bottom regarding which state controls all terms of your gold card offer. This puts them in the middle between the post card one's which tell you nothing and the full disclosure one's. Of course their all the same - crap that is.

In any case, it clearly legible

Bank Affiliation: None

or the typical line

"You have been pre-approved for a a gold card membership with a $10,000.00 credit limit valid exclusively toward all credit purchases from credit provider"

In other words its only valid with THEM, as they are the credit provider, they specifically state they are not affliated with a bank and nowhere does it make any mention of a visa.

Naturally it sucks with their lame P.S. that full details with be included with your new gold card. But then it also sucks about how many credit card providers refuse to admit which card you will receive during your application nor whether you will get one for that matter, and if you desire to avoid the negative inquiry by asking them if you qualify the admantly refuse to respond instead giving out a pathetic "you'll have to apply to find out" response.

4. Karla Lusu

Karla Lusu Guest

I also understood the offer I got from Credicorp -- seemed pretty clear to me. Plus, the credit limit works and only 12% interest, a lot less than I used to pay with rip-off credit cards. I don't think Credicorp is unethical. They always promptly respond to me and gave me a refund for a bike I bought and didn't like. You people must have too much free time on your hands or something.

5. Darlene

Darlene Guest

WOW can you please email me personally a little more about the contact you have had with this company I was told my membership stuff was mailed on the 20th of June and I am waiting to get it. Is it basically like fingerhut? Do they have outrageous prices? Please do email me about the kind of stuff you have bought and do you have to give money down on it or just order it and then have payments? Thanks so much, I also have AOL instant messanger oi8afrog is the screen name if you can do that.