Credicorp,Inc.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Erna Zemel, Nov 30, 2000.

1. Erna Zemel

Erna Zemel Guest

Recieved a letter from Credit Approval Dept.
    9158 King James Drive, P.O. Box 569001, Dallas, Texas 75356. Inside is a letter from
    Credicorp Inc., that I have been pre-approved
    for 10,000.00 Gold Card and there is no Bank
    Affiliation and they are requesting 29.95 as
    the annual fee and that I can only use this
    credit line to purchase from Credit Provider.

It is signed Robert J. Armstrong, New accounts manager.

There is a number if you want to be excluded
    from "such credit opportunities" by contacting Transunion at 1-888-567-8688 but
    I'm afraid to call.

Has anybody else gotten this letter and if so
    what is their game

Thanks,
    Erna

2. credit wis

credit wis Guest

trash it!It is a scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    it is not a visa or mastercard.It is a junk card for their overpriced @!#$

3. credit wis

credit wis Guest

TRASH IT!It is a scam.This is not repeat not a mastercard or visa.It is a junk card good only for their overpriced @!#$!!!!!!!!!1

4. Larry

Larry Guest

The card is only good for their catalog. Don't even bother. Dump it !

5. Erna Zemel

Erna Zemel Guest

Thanks so much!

Sincerely,
    Erna

credit wise wrote:
    -------------------------------

trash it!It is a scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    it is not a visa or mastercard.It is a junk card for their overpriced @!#$

6. Erna Zemel

Erna Zemel Guest

Thank you

Erna

7. Erna Zemel

Erna Zemel Guest

Dear Larry,

Thanks so much.

Sincerely,
    Erna
    Charlotte, NC

8. Erna Zemel

Erna Zemel Guest

Dear Larry,

Thanks so much.

Sincerely,
    Erna
    Charlotte, NC

9. Rich

Rich Guest

I see you already got your answer, but I had the same question you did and found this:

http://www.cencal.bbb.org/library/19990201.html

Glad you -- we -- checked it out.

Rich

10. steve

steve Well-Known Member

Regarding Credicorp. Inc.'s scam..Anytime an offer is too good to be true..that's because it is!

11. Beau Vande

Beau Vande Guest

Hello. I am writing this because I was a little to hasty in responding to the letter that i recieved from CREDICORP. I sent them the $29.95 and recieved the card. the problem is that the card that you recieve is not actualy a credit card like the letter says. is is a subscription to a merchandising company. the card can only be used to purchase goods from a small macazine that CREDICORP sends you every month. If you recieve a letter from CREDICORP, through it away. It is a scam that i am shure is going to take alot of peoples money. I would like to know if I can get my money back from this company due to thier false advertisment of a credit card. If you have any information that you think I could use please E-Mail me at beaubear57@hotmail.com.

12. Mary

Mary Guest

Hey Beth, I just got one in the mail myself and came on here to check it out. Thanks for the info, I have some for you too.

It says right on the bottom that if you are not completely satisfied you have a 60-day refund of money guarantee.

The only address I see is:
    Credicorp, Inc.
    9158 King James Drive
    PO Box 569001
    Dallas, TX 75356-9855

13. Wizardca3

Wizardca3 Guest

To All in this topic area, thanks for the confirmation / validation.

Credicorp uses Transunion (a completely different and independent (from Credicorp) business to hide the fact that they have not provided their phone number.

Now lets see why would they not want to give out their number....I have done a reverse phone book search and here is their listed number with address: Credicorp Inc
    9158 King James Dr
    DALLAS, TX 75247
    Phone: (214) 915-7200

On going after them for false advertising, if you read (somewhat carefully, but not overly covert) their letter, they tell you exactly what to expect, a line of credit from a merchant, them...one would then suppose that their goods are marked up to cover the cost of extending credit....I think this is more a case of us all really wanting this to be another way.