credicorp

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Scott, Mar 27, 2000.

1. Scott

Scott Guest

What does better bussiness bureau say about Credicorp?Saw posting from March '99' but couldn't find it.

2. Christophe

Christophe Guest

Dear Scott'
    I just received a letter in the mail from Credicorp Inc. They stated that I was pre-approved for a Gold Card with a $10,000
    limit and at 12% interest. The thing that really bothered me was that they (Credicorp)
    doesn't have any bank affliation. Can you give me more info on Credicorp Inc.? And if at all possible a toll free phone number would be great.
    Thank You,
    Cricket_7391@HotMail.com

3. angela hei

angela hei Guest

My husband and I received this letter saying we were pre-approved for a 10,000 limit. I was excited, but now after looking thru the inet, I have lost my thrill. Is it for real? How can a credit card company get away with this stuff if they don't even know anything about you? And why would they give anyone a high limit like 10,000? Does anyone know who these people are? If 10,000 people sent in the $29.95, do you know how much money they would make? Over a quarter of a million dollars...preying on these people. If you get any info, let me know.

4. angela hei

angela hei Guest

My husband and I received this letter saying we were pre-approved for a 10,000 limit. I was excited, but now after looking thru the inet, I have lost my thrill. Is it for real? How can a credit card company get away with this stuff if they don't even know anything about you? And why would they give anyone a high limit like 10,000? Does anyone know who these people are? If 10,000 people sent in the $29.95, do you know how much money they would make? Over a quarter of a million dollars...preying on these people. If you get any info, let me know.

5. Tara

Tara Guest

Do a quick search on this message board and you will find several posts about Credicorp. Hope this helps,

Tara

6. Nancy Tann

Nancy Tann Guest

I jsut received a letter from Creditcorp, with the statement that I was pre-approved fro a 10,000 credit limit with a 12% apr also. According to them all I had to do was send the 29.95. Im really glad that I too, looked on the net before falling prey to their scam!

7. James Ward

James Ward Guest

I too recieved the note saying I was approved for 10,000 dollars and was to send in 29.95.I then called the phone number that was on the bill and they adviced that I had a 20min wait.

8. Andy T

Andy T Guest

Is this a scam or are these guys legit. I think it sound fishy. Please reply to me if anyone has heard anything. Thank You

9. Andy T

Andy T Guest

Is this a scam or are these guys legit. I think it sound fishy. Please reply to me if anyone has heard anything. Thank You

10. Brandi Wis

Brandi Wis Guest

Christopher K., I recieved the same letter and I'm just confused on whether it is indeed a real credit card and what can it be used for?

11. sl

sl Guest

A Gold Card that isnâ??t what it seems
    Originally published in the Fresno Bee on February 15, 1999

One of our favorite companies is back, Credicorp. This company, which is based in Dallas, Texas has once again started mailing into the area.

Credicorp is a mail order company which sells merchandise through catalogs. The company sends mailings, offering a pre-approved gold card. Recipients of the mailing must be warned that the "gold card" is not a general purpose credit card like Visa or Master Card. A consumer must pay a $29.95 annual fee to receive the card. In addition, the card can only be used to purchase merchandise from the company's catalog.

According to the BBB in Dallas, Credicorp has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to a pattern of complaints alleging deceptive selling practices. Most complaints allege that the company's mailing do not clearly explain that the gold card can be used only to order from the company's catalog. The company answers all complaints by offering refunds or delivery. The company maintains that its mailing is not misleading, and points out that it offers a money-back guarantee. In July, 1996, the California Attorney General filed a lawsuit against Credicorp, alleging, in part, that the company's mailings are misleading and in violation of state consumer protection laws. This suit alleges that the mailings appear to offer a pre-approved major credit card, when in fact payment of the requested annual fee only allows consumers to purchase goods from the company's catalog service. In addition to California, numerous states over the years have filed actions against Credicorp alleging similar marketing tactics.

Credicorp has been mailing to the residents of the Central Valley for several years. In fact, in the last 36 months almost 900 consumers have called the BBB to find out about this company.

12. Christina

Christina Guest

Thank you so much for posting the info about
    credicorp. I also received a letter from credicorp today that I was pre-approved for 10,000 dollars for just 29.95. After reading letter a couple times to see what was the nitch I realized that it said "credit purchases from credit provider". Seeing this made realize that this was for a catalog. READ OVER CREDIT CARD LETTERS CAREFULLY !!!

13. Jeff R.

Jeff R. Guest

My wife and I were suspicious when we noticed there was no toll-free number to call on our pre-approval letter. I'm glad I checked Credicorp out before doing something ignorant. Thanks for the helpful information.

14. Natasha

Natasha Guest

Thank you for doing your research. I received the letter from Creditcorp today, and knew right off that something just wasn't right about it. Thus, I searched and found your message. I strongly believe that you should not give anyone money when you don't know who they are or what it's for.

15. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

I found it kind of odd that the "Credit Provider" didn't even want my phone number or verification of employment or social security number, 3 very important things that all Major credit card providers require or you don't have a chance in hell of getting credit with them.
    But I guess Credicorp sees the sucker coming every minute.

Mike

16. Parrice An

Parrice An Guest

Oh, my goodness!!! I am so glad I did some research on this company. I am a 19 yr old college student who have just become recently engaged. Yesterday I recieved the letter from CreditCorp talking about some 10,000 I'm approved for. Instantly I became overjoyed because obviously I can put this to good use, but after reading everyone elses responses on this company, I feel smarter about making a different decision. :)

17. lt

lt Guest

I think that

18. Nancy

Nancy Guest

Guess what?.......I sent in the $29.95 three weeks ago......they cashed my check.....but Got no card........I was very stupid to get sucked into this..I'm very internet savvy I don't know why I didn't check it out first..I thought that when the check came back I could get a phone number or anything on the back of the check.......but I can't make it out....But I am determined to get to the bottom of this .....and disclose these people once and for all....Taking hard-earning people's money. God I feel like such a fool!!!!

19. Nancy

Nancy Guest

Don't go for it......Its a scam.I sent in the $29.95 like a fool......and I never received my cards.I'm going to get tot the bottome of this company once and for all....even if I have to go to the networks with it!!!!!!!!!

20. mcm

mcm Guest

We just got the mailing for my 10 year old brother in law, who does not even live with us! We are in CA and he is in FL.

I am just wondering where they are getting all theses names from.