Credicorp

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Gourmet10, Jan 9, 2001.

1. Gourmet10

Gourmet10 Guest

I just received a letter in the mail today for a credit card of $10,000. All I can say is...thank goodness for the Internet. Before I do anything, purchase anything or even accept work, I check the Internet for any news (good or bad). Credicorp is DEFINITELY bad. I plan to forward my letter (after I tape it back together :)) to our State Attorney General's Office, Fraud Prevention Division. This is truly sad. I am in the process of purchasing a home and cannot afford to have anyone pulling on my credit now. It is painfully obvious to me that this company is seeking out those with less than perfect credit to send this bogus credit card . It truly ticks me off that here I am trying to clean up my credit and this company is putting information on my credit report by doing a credit history, without my permission I might add. This does not look well on my report. I have never heard of this company and definitely do not intend to waste all my hard work on a company that sells high priced merchandise just to get my money. If you check some of the message boards throughout the Internet, Credicorp has been sued on numerous occassions. It seems to be a pattern, they get sued, go underground only to resurface again as those we the concerns are complete idiots and would not remember this bogus company. I mean really, they do not have the decency to even change their name...hahaha!!! It is so sad as to be hilarious. I pray that all who receives this bogus card in the mail will trash it, burn it, and report it to your local Better Business Bureau and/or your State Attorney General's office, Fraud Prevention Division. If we the consumers do not put a stop to this type of garbage, who will!!!

I would like to thank all you guys for the insight into different credit scams and credit tricksters.

2. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

I got the letter yesterday. IT was from First National Credit, the same company. You can't find a number anywhere for them. I checked the BBB for them and nothing. That is bad. If you look at their letter it doesn't say anything but send in 39 dollars or whatever and sign. You have no idea what kinds of terms and conditions your signing to. Who would do this? The prey on the people who don't kn ow any better or people who have terrible credit. DON'T FALL FOR IT>

3. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

I got one last week. Filed it.

4. kim

kim Well-Known Member

OH THERE IS A GOD!!! AND THANK GOD FOR THE INTERNET. I JUST RECEIVED THE SAME LETTER IN THE MAIL AND MY BETTER JUDGMENT TOLD ME TO DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE I SIGNED MY NAME OR SENT IN MY $29.95. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION. THIS LETTER WILL SELF DESTRUCT IN FIVE SECONDS...5,4,3,2,1 (TRASHED).

5. Meghan

Meghan Guest

Well said! I got the same thing, went online to check them out, on my search up popped the Better Buisness Bureau Bulletin Board and these messages among others, I can't believe they're still trying this- I suppose they probably still vistimize thousands who don't check

6. Gourmet10

Gourmet10 Guest

I believe the Internet is fast becoming this type of company's worst nightmare. We may not stick together on a lot of things on this planet, but boy do we come to bat for each other over the internet. All I can say is CREDICORP, LOOK OUT, THE INTERNET IS WATCHING YOU!!!! :-}

7. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I got the same letter! It didn't say Visa or Mastercard, it just said "credit". I round filed it.

8. Angie

Angie Guest

I feel so ridiculous...i did not do a background check until today but i had already sent in the money. What should i do? I would really appreciate it if someone could assist me. I sent in the money last week thursday. $30 is nothing but still i think it is wrong what they did.

9. amy

amy Member

I completely disagree with you. Credicorp did not do anything wrong, they offer great deals. The mistake is in us who ASSUME that it is a credit card and get all angry and confused about it. If people would just read, they would understand that it's a card that can purchase goods without making you pay huge bills. I noticed from all these postings that no one really tried Credicorp's offer. Instead, what they do is assume all kinds of stuff and when they find out that they were wrong, they flip out and feel cheated. So stop blaming other people for your own stupidity.

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I have received offers from these BOZOS in the past, the offers are very MISLEADING and some people don't realize this, stupidity, hardly, these offers are worded rather deceiptful .

And through the internet you can read about how many people got themselves into a mess with this company, they sell OVERLY priced garbage . Noone here has to try it, you can research this company and see all the negative results.

Personally I found your comments rather rude myself.

11. marci

marci Well-Known Member

No only were her comments rude, but they were also ignorant.

If Creditcorp was so "legitimate", then WHY are they under fraud alert at the BBB?

12. amy

amy Member

so now it makes sense why you so blindly believe Credicorp is a fraud. you obviously take whatever people say and believe it. I warn you to stay away from the internet then, it could get a little controlling for people like you. but who am i to say this, right?

So You ask about the BBB? Why don't you do some more homework before you talk about something you have no clue about. I'll give you a hint. The BBB is in itself a fraud, lies, and corruption. They have their own reasons to report Credicorp as being a fraud. now, don't just go and and believe me, go and research for yourself. Don't let their lame name fool you- Better Business Bureau? more like "Buyers Better Beware!"

Sorry if this letter was a little aggressive but I have a great dislike for the BBB. They are the real RIP-OFF kings!!!

13. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

Amy, did you try Creditcorp? If so, what are your experiences? Why do you believe that they will do good?

And as far as the BBB goes, what problems have you had with them?

14. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

We do have a CLUE about this company people having getting ripped off left and right and it has nothing to do the the BBB, the experiences we have heard from actual people who were mislead by this company.

And people have a serious dislike for creditcorp b/c they are a rip off.

15. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Way to Go,Momof3....

This person OBVIOUSLY has some type of financial interest in this sort of crap(to be so bold to stick up for it).

It doesn't matter anyway if she wants to give us an mirrored view of herself;we can certainly choose to look BEYOND or look AROUND.

Peace,
    Sister Girl

16. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Methinks we have a Credicorp employee/partner/owner/investor in our midst.

Hope

17. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

AMY

If credit corp is so legit, why won't they let you see the catalog that you can purchase from, and see the terms of you credit account BEFORE you send in you're money. I'll admit I never tried it, but I smell a fraud anytime someone wants my money, and won't tell me what I will receive in return until after they receive my money.

18. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: AMY

FOOD FOR THOUGHT...VISA/MC/AMEX all have some cards that have annual fees...but they BILL you on the first statement...YOU DON'T SEND MONEY, THEN GET CARD!!!!

19. Saar

Saar Banned

Oh, We have a clue. If we didn't, we'd fall for your crap. But apparently you're not a very sophisticated imposter. You just popped up here a couple of weeks ago, posted ~3 messages, all promoting your organization. An organization that has been the subject of legal proceedings instituted by Attorneys General from 5 different states. An organization employing misleading business practices, charging $30 for a copy of the account terms.

Saar

20. pbm

pbm Administrator

There is a reason why the very first question in our Credit Card FAQ is about Credicorp: we were inundated with thousands of inquiries and complaints about this company, often in a case of mistaken identity.

Credicorp preys on consumers through deceptive marketing practices designed specifically to secure an application fee prior to disclosing details of the program. While the card program itself may not be fraudulent, the methods of procuring applicants most certainly is.

It is the very purpose of this board to educate consumers about fraudulent companies. Your efforts to promote Credicorp on this board are in vain. This audience is too intelligent and well-informed to be sold on the program. The truth won't be suppressed.

Sincerely,
    pbm