Credit Acceptance Corp! The Wo

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by floatvalve, Oct 21, 2000.

1. floatvalve

floatvalve Guest

Has anyone dealt with them? I have and they are the worst!
    They specialize in so-called high-risk auto loan financing.
    I had an auto loan financed through them for the last 3 years on a high-mileage piece-of-@!#$ car amounting to over $10,000.00. During that time they have tried to repo my car at least once for a late payment, and now that I sent the payout via western union , I still haven't gotten my title after 3 weeks, even though they said if I payby WU quickpay, I would get my title in 7 days.
    If you are stuck for financing a used car; stay clear of Credit Acceptance Corp.!!!!

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Credit Acceptance Corp! Th

When I went thru creditland for my auto loan, they recommended this co. They offered an apr of 20.9%. This was right beside my offer of 13.9% by Household. Of course I took the household offer. But I thought boy this co was outrageous to want so much more than Household. I immediately formed a negative opinion of them. Sharks....

3. Eboni

Eboni Guest

I had a loan with Credit Acceptance. They called my house so much I got Privacy Manager. Haven't heard from them since. No they have on my credit report that they can't contact me. I have the same address and the same phone number. They haven't sent one letter.

I told them to repo the car nad offered them 1/2 of what I owed them. They would have still made a killing since I had already paid for 1/2 of the loan. THe decided to be greedy and not accept my offer. Now my lawyer is working on it and I propably won't end up paying them a dime since the contract was faudulant.

Send them a letter return reciept demanding your title within 5 business days or you are sueing. They have probably lost the title. Also call and speak to a manager. The managers can be very helpful if you get the right one. If someone is nasty, hang up and call again.

Good Luck. They are real lowlifes

4. Carrot

Carrot Guest

I financed my car through CAC because no one else would give me a loan. My plan is to re-finance through someone else soon!!! If I can't will probably double up on payments to avoid the outrageous interest they charge.

I was once two days late with a payment and they harassed the hell out of me, EVEN AFTER THEY RECEIVED THE CHECK! What really annoys me about this whole set-up is that my payment is not officially late until 10 days after my due date, yet they called me on the first late day. I'd better not see a late pay on my credit report...

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

AS FAR AS I KNOW, CREDIT REPORTS CAN ONLY STATE...
    30 DAYS LATE
    60 DAYS LATE
    90 DAYS LATE
    120 DAYS LATE
    AND >120 DAYS LATE

SO 2 DAYS LATE WOULDN'T SHOW UP...EXPERIAN, TRANSUNION, AND EQUIFAX WOULD PROBABLY LAUGH AT THE CREDITOR IF THEY TRIED TO POST THAT ON YOUR REPORT!!!

6. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Also stay away from Auto One Credit Acceptance out of Dallas. They lost my car title when i refinaced it with my credit union. Not a very pleasant experience.

Reshod

GEORGE wrote:
    -------------------------------
    AS FAR AS I KNOW, CREDIT REPORTS CAN ONLY STATE...
    30 DAYS LATE
    60 DAYS LATE
    90 DAYS LATE
    120 DAYS LATE
    AND >120 DAYS LATE

SO 2 DAYS LATE WOULDN'T SHOW UP...EXPERIAN, TRANSUNION, AND EQUIFAX WOULD PROBABLY LAUGH AT THE CREDITOR IF THEY TRIED TO POST THAT ON YOUR REPORT!!!

7. Killer

Killer Guest

Questions for Reshod

How many months between your financing with Auto One and re-financing with your credit union? What was the difference between the two rates? (not asking you to tell the actual rates just the difference)

Thanks