credit activity

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dd, May 3, 2001.

1. dd

dd Member

When applying for new credit, does the creditor know if you haven't used your card for a couple billing cycles? Does this have any bearing on a possibly favorable decision?

2. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Hi dd,
    When applying for new credit the potential creditor does not know if you have not used your previous cards for a couple of billing cycles. This alludes if you carry a balance because activity on the account does not stop. It's possible if you have a zero balance (by paying your card in full each month) they could tell because of the date of activity would have been a couple months, but very unlikely. Hope this helps.

Dani

3. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Isn't it transunion that provides a history of how you use your credit? Is that available to a credit puller? If it is, obviously they know what you month to month balance is & how you used it

AnnMarie

4. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I'll tell you what happened to me though. Getting new credit brought all of my sleeping collection agencies out of the woodwork.

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

How - What do you mean?

6. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

When the collection agencies that hadn't bothered me for awhile noticed activity on my credit reports (new account, etc) they started calling again.

7. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

They make a skunk smell good Don't They?