Credit and Car Insurance - URGENT!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by FeliceRodo, Jul 22, 2001.

1. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Well, fires under dashboards caused by low credit scores are excluded under the "whatever it was that happened to you isn't covered" provision.

breeze -the agent

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

No! No! No! George.

You got it all wrong.

Here is what had to have happened. They were trying to thaw out the frozen pipes under the house with a bucket of gasoline and some rags. The heat of the mid-summer day combined with the heat from the can of gas soaked rags not only started the wildfire but set the house on fire too.

People with high FICO scores know better than to unthaw their pipes in the middle of summer. If you have a low FICO you probably don't know any better.

(LOL)

3. doodyhead

doodyhead Well-Known Member

LOL you've got a good point there. Heck, what about the guy with a low fico that was standing on his neighbor's car port cutting down a tree & fell thru the car port.

THAT'S a real one.

LOL

4. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I used to have a friend in Denver who actually did just that. It was winter time and they lived in a trailer house. The pipes froze up and he was deep in trouble on the payments. So he sent his family to his mother-in-laws house and then took a coffee can and got lots of kerosene in it and filled it up with rags and shoved it up under the pipes in the trailer house and lit the match.

They tried to get him for arson, but he claimed he was only trying to unthaw the pipes. Claimed he didn't realize that doing that might set the place on fire.

Then when he told the story later, he always said he knew they could get him for arson but they couldn't get him for stupidity. That was his defense in net effect. They couldn't do a thing to him either.

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

6. doodyhead

What gets me is people think that using credit scoring for insurance is something NEW. Allstate has been doing it for their home insurance since 1997.

Regarding the wildfire --- if they had a high fico, they'd be smart enough to know to clear the brush away. LOL (just being facetious, I know that low fico doesn't automatically equal stupidity. In fact, I know plenty of people with HIGH fico's that are dumber than doody.)

7. lbrown59

What about the wreck in the intersection:
    The guy with the geen lite got ticked B/C he had a low score the red lite runner got off because of his high score .
    Just goes to show the color of the light had nothing to do with the accident!

what

8. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Wasn't the color of the light had anything to do with it at all. It was the color of the eyeballs of the guy with the low FICO who had spent the last several hours at the bar.

High FICOs don't drink, low FICOs do.

9. doodyhead

Bill, you're killing me. Does this mean I need to stop drinking? Will my fico miraculously reach heights it's thus far never seen!?

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I DO PEPSI...NOT BEER...

WHY CAN'T I GET BY F.I.C.O. ABOVE 698?

11. doodyhead

your pepsi-to beer ratio is too low

12. bbauer

bbauer Banned

No, wrong again.
    George is simply forgetting to put in the decimal point.

His hat size.= his FICO

13. lbrown59

Because they are rigged to be artificaly low !

I call fair isac and credit scoring Ike and Obb
    because when it comes to your score IKE will OBB it up!:

14. lbrown59

Great Idea don't ya think?
    LAW ENFORCEMENT SHOULD START USING CREDIT SCORES TO WRITE TICKETS:
    Since the insurance industry has determined that it is the people with low scores who are causing the accidents they should be the ones getting ticked.
    Just think of all the innocent people with high scores who are getting tickets they don't deserve under the present system!

15. bbauer

bbauer Banned

That ought to work just fine so long as the cop gets wrote up according to his credit score when he has an accident too. Some of them ain't so hot on their scores either.

What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander

16. lbrown59

Do low credit scores cause more insurance claims?

2 houses burn down 1 person has a low score the other a high score.Who will file a claim?

2 peoples cars are stolen 1 person has a low score the other a high score .Who will file a claim?

Sure they do! Right?