Credit Bureau Disputes

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Sandra, Nov 10, 2000.

1. Sandra

Sandra Guest

Does anyone know what constitutes a reasonable time frame in between disputes. For example, I just received an updated disputed report on 11/2/00, when should I send another dispute letter to delete more erroneous items? Do I fire off another letter right away or do I wait? I remind you that I am dealing with Experan.
    TIA

2. S.D.

S.D. Guest

When I was dealing with Equifax, I disputed as soon as I received my report. After they had finished the investigation, right away, I disputed again. And again. Until all of the incorrect info was deleted. The last investigation did not drop one of the false charges, so I'm in the process of writing letters, etc. to the creditor.

But I have never dealt with Experian. Be careful though, because I read on Creditmania.com that you should actually wait 60 days before disputing an item again. They might classify your disputes as "frivolous". That's really stupid of them and who cares what they think anyway. It's important to people like you and I, especially when the info on your report is inaccurate!

Hope this helps. Good luck!!

3. Carrot

Carrot Guest

I'd no less than 60 days, unless it's pertaining to something you've already disputed and they've verified it.

Personally, I've had great luck with disputing items with Experian and TU, and a terrible time with Equifax because of the way they handle reports from my area of the state.