credit bureau rating?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Mar 5, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Who agrees with me? I posted this before btw....

Equifax: TOUGHEST

Tranunion: LAZIEST/DUMBEST

Experian: SNEAKIEST

Who have you had the fairest experiences with?

roni

2. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

Roni,

After my recent experiences I'd definitely have to agree with your rating of Toughest for Equifax, and Laziest for TU.

As for Experian, they haven't been sneaky with me (yet), and they were very helpful on the phone. But darn it, I wish Target wouldn't use them!!!

My .02,
    Cheers,
    Cindy

3. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

Roni,

I've had the toughest time with trans union...and in particular credit bureau central, which serves the southwestern U.S. as part of Trans Union. I find that certain inaccuracies which would normally be handled with a phone call to Experian or Equifax, turn out to be a lengthy process of mailings to Trans Union and more often than not are not corrected on the first mailing. It seems as if Experian has it together, and equifax, well there trying to get there stuff together. The program they had prior to Credit Watch was an absolute waste of money as far as I'm concerned. Credit Watch at least notifies you..the Sentimel program was a joke. Take Care and sorry about your father.

Sean

4. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I agree that Equifax is the toughest.

Never disputed with TU until recently. So I'll let you know.

Experian has been ok so far. Have managed to get some neg stuff deleted.

5. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

Cindy,

Retailers National Bank does use Experian....I have five accounts with RNB and it shows on all three reports....typically listed as RNB-Target....or on equifax as Dayton Hudson Operations Center. If you just opened the Target account it probably will not show up for 60-90 days.

Sean

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

thanks guys.

Sean, I would contribute your troubles to transunions dumbness and lazyness. That is what I was getting at. You have to catch them on a good day to get things done. You may have apoint about their western division though.

Believe me guys, experian is sneaky. They often say they verified unverifiable information. They are notorious for that scam. I usually get stuff off the other 2 that I had to repeatedly dispute with experian. But they are my best report at this time.

roni

7. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Without a doubt Trans Union is my easiest. They are my best report by far, unfortunately no one seems to pull them for anything. Plus, I had a judgement deleted, and it was reinserted only on Trans Union just recently. (It's paid and due to fall off in 7/01, so I redisputed. HOpefully they will just remove it for good.)

Experian is my toughest. They verify everything (whether they investigate or not, in my opinion) and they refuse to reinvestigate anything for me, even if my last dispute was a year ago. Unforuntately, they get pulled for everything in NJ it seems, at least in my case.

Equifax is currently giving me a hard time over an Arrow Financial account (thats right ROni, the dreaded Living Well Lady) which was reported twice. I got a letter from Arrow saying it was to be deleted, but for some reason Equifax deleted one and is reinvestigating the other.

I place them in this order:

Trans Union: easiest to deal with, most pleasant reps., Experian: most dishonest/sneaky, almost impossible to get hold of
    Equifax: jury still out for me

8. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Really, Equifax the toughest? I found them to be the easiest for me. Experian is the toughest, with TU (yes, lazy!) in the middle.

Equifax is what I started on, before knowing too much about credit repair, and I got a LOT of stuff off of it, and most of the stuff would be considered bad tactics (10 disputes in one letter, I think I got 8 of them off!).

TU says they verify with a (very small) collection agency, but the CA has no record or info of verifying it... ?? Hmm...

Dustin

9. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

Re: the trouble with Target

Sean,

Actually, I do not have a Target account. I've been trying to get one for the past two years, and as they pull Experian (which is still my worst report despite the recent luck I had with getting items cleaned of it), no dice.

Cheers,
    Cindy