credit bureau reports

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by brian, Dec 6, 2000.

1. brian

brian Guest

i recently applied for a discover and got a denial letter in the mail yesterday and it said that there was a bankruptcy on my report and they could not approve my request at this time and also i just ordered my report from qspace.com for 21.95 for all 3 reports and they have put my parents bankruptcy on their what should i do. i have credit cards such as

providian 06/99 4429.00 credit limit
    capitalone 05/99 1000.00 credit limit
    exxon 06/99 200.00 credit limit
    shell 01/00 200.00 credit limit
    chase walmart 10/00 1500.00 credit limit
    american eagle 11/00 600.00
    next card 11/00 2400.00

i don't understand if these companys approve why can't discover if they seen this bankruptcy that is not mine on there

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CALL 1-800-DISCOVER AND TELL THEM YOU APPLIED AND WAS DENIED AND THAT THE BANKRUPCY ON YOUR REPORT IS NOT YOURS.

They will probably tell you to dispue it with all three credit reporting agencies and when you get it cleared, you can re-apply, or re-open existing application.

UNLESS YOU GET A BENEFIT (CASH BACK, UNDER 9.00% INTEREST OR POINTS OF SOME KIND) FROM EXXON OR SHELL, I WOULD DUMP THEM...THEY TAKE VISA AND MASTERCARD.

JUST MY OPINION

3. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

Find out which credit bureau reported the bankruptcy on your report and do two things.

First, call the court in which the bankruptcy was disposed and explain what's happened. It's possible they can remove the information themselves.

If that doesn't work, call the credit bureau in question and explain the problem to them. They might request a written dispute, or they might be able to take your dispute by phone.

My daughter had an erroneous judgement on her Equifax report. She called the credit bureau, and they took care of it, and removed it with no problem.

Also, follow George's recommendation.