Credit Card Change of address

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dave, Feb 24, 2001.

1. dave

dave Well-Known Member

I recently moved and I am positive that I checked the box on the last wachovia Credit card bill I received before I moved. At my new address I waited and waited and no bill ever arrived.

I called Wachovia and they told me that my account was past due and that there were late charges. I explained the situation to the rep and she had me write a letter to the home office in Atlanta. It's been over a month and I have not received a reply to my letter and finally this week, 4 months after the move, I got my first statement saying I owe over $600 and if I don't pay it all my interest rate will go up.

If I did check the change of address box on that last statement before I moved and provided Wachovia with the correct new address isn't it their fault that I didn't recieve a bill? SHould I be responsible for the past due amount? Is my credit going to be shot? HElp.

Thanks

2. Anon

Anon Guest

RE: Credit Card Change of addr

Unfortunately, not receiving a bill does not relieve you of payment responsibilities. If you did not receive a bill and know there were charges due, you should have contacted the credit card company before the due date. The card issuer could have given you the amount due and payment address. Wachovia is a reputable bank. There are few negatives reported on Wachovia; unlike FUSA, Capital One, or Orchard, etc. Contact the bank and get the amount due paid today.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THEIR FAULT...THEY NEED TO EAT IT.

How's this...FLEET CREDIT CARD BILL NEVER CAME, so I sent a payment anyway. The next month, no bill again, mailed payment, third month GUESS WHAT...NO BILL!!! so I called,
    they said they mailed it to my new address, but I haven't moved in twelve years!!!

SOMEBODY ON THEIR END CHANGED THE # ON THE STREET (I SHOULD HAVE GOT THE MAIL ANYWAY SINCE THE STREET IS ONLY TWO BLOCKS LONG)!!!

Since they have online account access I was able to know something was wrong before it was too late.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Most of the time the reps are courteous enough to forgive the late fee for something like this. That happened when I moved in sept and missed my first capital one payment on my new card. I have 3 cards with them and it just slipped my mind.

I think you should call them back and say you sent a letter and they didnot reply. This is not really a credit issue. Unless you were 30 days late it will not reflect on your credit report.

It think you should handle this sooner than later. It is easier to keep it off your report than trying to get it removed later.

roni

5. G

G Guest

Agreed

6. keltex

keltex Guest

Agree

Do it now rather than later while all of the details are still fresh. I also had problems with Cap One when I moved-took four months to actually get a bill to my new address after I had written, checked the box on the bill, and called. I still had lates, etc-Asked them to waive late charges, etc. Call them up, review your bills for to ensure and agreed upon credits for late charges, and then pull reports to ensure that you weren't reported-I was, and I didn't realize it until years after the fact. Much better to expend the effort now. And get the names of everyone you talk to about this at Wachovia.