credit card for old debts.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by luckyfind, Jul 25, 2000.

1. luckyfind

luckyfind Guest

does anyone know about the credit agency that buys the old outstanding bad debts from the collection agencies and then issues the debtor a credit card with the old debts as the balance and then reports the payments just like I was paying on a regular credit card. that way I get all my old credit delinquencies on one credit line and can build credit by paying it off .. If any one knows of the agency that does this please list it for me, and any knowledge about them..thankyou.

2. Valerie Pr

Valerie Pr Guest

When you find this company...please let me know

3. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

The CreditTree is 'notorious' for making unsolicited offers of this sort BUT usually only after the debt is already 6-7 years old, oftentimes even after the 7 mark has passed!.

I am not aware nor have I ever heard of a company offering this during the first few years of being written-off.

4. Kristi- Ca

Kristi- Ca Guest

Steven's correct. Only third and fourth placement debts end up in "money stores" offering unsuspecting consumers a chance to pay old debt. (Gee, what a great offer, hit me with old debts on a new contract and new statue of limitations)

I would not want to payoff old debt with a new loan even if I had the chance. I would work to negotiate it off for a rating and then work towards new credit that ofers me something.

Steven Z wrote:
    -------------------------------
    The CreditTree is 'notorious' for making unsolicited offers of this sort BUT usually only after the debt is already 6-7 years old, oftentimes even after the 7 mark has passed!.

I am not aware nor have I ever heard of a company offering this during the first few years of being written-off.