Credit card offers

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, May 16, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hi all, My husband has an Aria card with a 5000 limit. He has had it since Aug 99. That is his only card and he pays early and way more than min. payments. But he hasn't gotten any other good deals. He got a preapproval from Citibank but was declined and now he only seems to get less than subprime offers. i really wanted him to have 2 major cards to build his credit, but can't seem to get another one. Should we wait unitl he has had his Aria for awhile longer, don't want to rack up inquiries?? Thanks

2. JP

JP Guest

Mom

I would suggest waiting and cleaning up whatever credit problems he may have. In the meantime, keep paying the Aria Platinum on time and pay about 10% of the balance each month. After establishing a more positive history, things will turn around. Actually with the Fed continually raising the interest rate, I wouldn't advise carrying to many cards with balances because if the hikes continues, the days of fixed-rates will be gone and in will come the variable rates for quite a while.

Regards,
    JP

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks JP, I'll take your advice. I just found it strange that he got the Aria card, but doesn't seem to get any other good card approvals?