credit card questions

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by chuck hans, Sep 21, 2000.

1. chuck hans

chuck hans Guest

I have to admit I have screwed up my credit.

1. A collection agency is after me for $40 for unpaid medical bill. However I did pay it. What should I do?

2. I have a Providian card and need a 2 nd visa card to build credit. Is Capital One a good compNY TO DEAL WITH? I see they are suggested on this site.

2. Michael

Michael Guest

Show them a copy of the cheque you paid the $40.00 with.

If you don't have the cheque your bank should be able to provide you a photocopy of it by microfilm order.

If you paid cash, then your S.O.L. and you should offer them full payment if they give you a writen guarantee not to report the lateness on your credit bureau.

3. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Capital One is not only suggested, but also advertised on this site. If you apply online, with no guarantee of approval, the annual fee is a reasonable $29, and the interest rate is a reasonable 19.8%.

However, remember that the Capital One Classic Visa is mostly a credit builder, not a source of credit. Your limit could remain at $200, or at least under $500, for years.

4. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

Yep! If you have no proof, it would benefit you more to take the $40 screwing than to take another hit on your credit reports. Just give it to them and tell them to cram it so far up their behinds that they impale their lungs!

This time, make sure you either get a receipt or retain a cancelled check. Collection agencies aren't the most reputable companies in the world, and it wouldn't be unlike them to try to collect it a third time.