Credit Card Ripoff

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Chris, Apr 25, 2001.

1. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

Right around Thanksgiving, I recieved a call at work from Household Bank requesting a payment on an overdue balance of $69. While I did have an overdue balance, due to my partner being out of work for 2 months, I dutifully agreed to pay $79, and I was told that I would then not have to worry about my December payment. The payment was never debited from my checking account, but mysteriously a $799 purchase (which I know I didn't make, since there was only $850 in my account and I still had other bills to pay) appeared on my account. I called the company where the payment was made, and they said that they were a "designer fragrance" company, and would I like an interview. I have no proof that this was Household Bank, but I find it very odd that my account was never charged for the payment, and then I had $799 missing less than a week later. I am very careful about giving out my CheckCard number, and that was the only time I had done it in months. I don't know if there is anything I can do, considering I have no hard and fast proof, but it really stinks, for lack of a better term.