Credit Card Settlement

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mike828, Mar 30, 2001.

1. Mike828

Mike828 Guest

I have a Chase credit card that was cancelled a few years ago, and has many, many late payments. Things got so out of hand that the current balance is over 3500 dollars, well over double the original maxed out balance.
    I recently came into some unexpected money and am planning to pay this off, but would prefer to do so in a way that can benefit me as best as possible, rather than just sending in a check. Can anyone give me some advice on what sort of settlement to ask for? Ideally, I'd like to get some negative info removed, not just arrange a discounted settlement. Will the original creditor and a big company like Chase be unlikely to offer negative item removal? What is realistic to ask of them? Should I do this myself, or hire someone? I thought I'd ask rather than trying and screwing it up. Thanks so much for any advice! Mike

2. Mike828

Mike828 Guest

Hi Lizardking,
    This account was never charged off or sold, Chase still sends regular bills and I still make regular payments (around 100 bucks a month) and it is accumulating 3 dollars in interest a day. Any other thoughts? Thanks!

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Credit Card Settlement
    Author: Mike828 (---.proxy.aol.com)
    Date: 03-30-01 20:24

Ideally, I'd like to get some negative info removed, not just arrange a discounted settlement. Will the original creditor and a big company like Chase be unlikely to offer negative item removal? What is realistic to ask of them? Should I do this myself, or hire someone? I thought I'd ask rather than trying and screwing it up. Thanks so much for any advice! Mike==============================

Reply> To Message>> Why should we have to ask them for any thing when the law should require them to do it?
    Where were we all sleeping when we let these dictators tsake over our lives???

4. Mike828

Mike828 Guest

Lizardking,
    Right, I am being charged over the limit fees and outrageous interest every month. It has gotten to over double the limit (which was 1300) over the course of about 3.5 years. ~Mike