Credit cards for FICO 600+

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tommyy, Oct 15, 2001.

1. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

I have the Citi AA card. Are their any other credit cards just as easy to secure? If so what CRA do they normally pull?

2. jimc001

jimc001 Active Member

Thanks to this WONDERFUL board, I started with an Orchard bank card ( 250 limit increased to 500, Orchard rules), and now have NextCard (secured), GetSmart (Providian unsecured), and a "Tar-jay" (Target) card. You could prbably try Cap One, they hate me because they had a write-off with me five years ago but your luck would probably be better..

3. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

Check out millcbs.com for specific info on what creditors pull what reports.

I am just above 600 on EX and mid 600s on TU. Exp mid 500s-got both First Premier and FNCC. People on this board will tell you that both of these cards are iffy...they'll start you w/low balances and a lotta up front rates-but getting these two cards and rebuilding is what pushed my scores up once they aged...and I have been able to get CL increases on both. I got providian when my credit was terrible-scores had to be below 600.

Citi is a pretty good card though. You may wanna check cap 1, although I didn' t have very good experiences w/ them in terms of applying payments on time, changing my address properly when I moved, and getting CL increases.