CREDIT CARDS IN U.K.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by KEN, Apr 9, 2000.

1. KEN

KEN Guest

Are there any credit cards available in U.K. to people without good credit lines. I have no adverse credit but no good credit either. I keep getting turned down.

2. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

The sad fact is that no credit history is considered far worse (and the older you are the worse it goes) than having bad credit.

One option may be co-branded cards. I have found the easiest credit cards to obtain are those where a bank has an agreement with some department store and would be called something like Chase Walmart Mastercard, in your country I suppose it could be (name of bank) Visa Harrold's, you get the drift. The banks appear to make the most money out of these cards, fees, interest, commissions paid by the department store, whatever the case may be, the end result they are alot more lenient in granting these.

If even that is not possible, you should start with a department store, these should be the easiest form of card to obtain, preferably a store that has an agreement with a card issuer so that in time you can upgrade your card.

Good luck.

3. SANDY

SANDY Guest

WOOLWICH PLC OFFERS A SECURED CREDIT CARD(MASTERCARD) WITH 99% ACCEPTANCE REGARDLESS.
    IT IS NECESSARY TO DEPOSIT THE AMOUNT OF CREDIT LINE(MIN £500) WHICH IS RETURNED AFTER 24 MONTHS IF ACCOUNT IN GOOD ORDER. APP.FORMS AVAILABLE FROM ANY WOOLWICH BRANCH. CAPITAL ONE ISSUE STARTER VISA CARDS IN UK. NO CREDIT/1 CCJ NO PROBLEM.INTEREST RATES ARE FAIRLY HIGH AND THE CREDIT LIMIT CAN DE AS LITTLE AS £200, BUT IT WILL START YOUR CREDIT. BASED IN NOTTINGHAM
    GOOD LUCK.

4. Joanne

Joanne Guest

Hi
    The Woolwich BS have actually discontinued their secured credit card last year (they appear to have been the only provider of this service in the whole UK)!!