Credit Cards--Ugh!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Erica, Mar 10, 2001.

1. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Ok Guys, I applied for a Target Card (I work there) and an Aria card today and got a response such as "Not right now, but we'll mail you a denial letter."

All I want is a measly $100.00 limit to charge up and repay the entire balance in full the next month. I've heard that 12 month of GREAT paying will lead to bigger and better things. But noone will give me a chance.

What do I do next??

Erica

2. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

Erica,

Try Orchard Bank (www.orchardbank.com), they will offer you a low credit line and should be right in line with what your looking for. Another option would be Capital
    One (www.capitalone.com). I would recommend staying away from First Premier (a.k.a. Future Card) and Cross Country Bank. These two companies have too many charges associated with carrying their cards. Best of luck to you.

Sean

P.S. Since Aria is Providian..I would take a chance with Orchard or Cap One before trying Providian again.

3. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Where can I find them on the net? and will these inquiries look bad on my reports? I only have three since august.(Including Target and Aria)

Thanks

Erica

4. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

What Next???

Sorry about my last post, very tired having a hard time retaining info read.

Anyways, got the same message from CapOne Secured.

What next???

Erica

5. rachal

rachal Member

Re: What Next???

try FCNB. $100 deposit usually gives a credit limit of 100-300%. good credit builder -- reports to the CRA's.

6. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

Erica,

Did you try Orchard bank?...they won't tell you online, but typically you should get a card within 10 days...unless your credit is atrocious. My only other recommendation would be try a local bank or credit union for a secured card.

Sean

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Do you have any bad credit or no credit? If you have no credit and you should apply for securedlike FCNB and Capital One. They are pretty good. You can get some unsecured credit cards like dept.store cards and may be higher rate or annual fees Visa/MC.

8. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I have bad credit, but Equifax is my best report. Working on cleaning it up.

Erica

9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear that. I guess to have wait for bad credit come off after seven years just like mine. At the mean time, you can get secured card to rebuild credit history and hopefully a year or two they can give you unsecured card.

10. Jenny

Jenny Guest

I was in a similar position. I had to get a secured card. When I looked for one, I was lucky to find a search engine on the internet that deals only with credit cards. I listed the address for you below. All you have to do is type in "Secured" in the search box and click search. When I visited a couple months ago, I think it returned over 70 cards for results. It was a good way to compare. Best of luck.

http://www.creditcardsearchengine.com/