credit cards

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by liinda, May 10, 2000.

1. liinda

liinda Guest

I would like to know if anyone knows of a good and honest unsecured credit rebuilding card to apply for?

2. Alex - Cre

Alex - Cre Guest

Hi Linda:

Check out our list at:
    http://www.Creditinsiders.com/thelist
    Hope this helps.

A.F.

-------------------------
    Free Credit Repair Information!
    http://www.Creditinsiders.com

3. BOB

BOB Guest

Linda, there are several, but ONE TO STAY
    AWAY FROM IS "CROOKS COUNTRY BANK" OR CCB OR
    CROSS COUNTRY BANK AS THEIR NONE. CCB is the biggest bunch of CROOKS out there. If you are really sincere about rebuilding your credit then stay away from these CROOKS.
    Read the posts on this board about Cross Country Bank, there are several, and you will see why to avoid them. I apologize if
    this comes across as harsh, but I have seen what this bank has done to people, and will try and warn people before they make one of the biggest mistakes of their life. Creditinsiders has a good list to go by. Good Luck on rebuilding your credit, everybody deserves a second chance.

4. BOB

BOB Guest

Linda, I warned you about CCB, Creditinsiders
    has some good cards, but beware of the Global-1 card. There Fees are outragious,
    upon acceptance $149.00 Account set-up fee
    $199.00 Processing fee
    $5.00 Monthly participation

That's $353.00 charged to the account before
    you even use the card. Of course there's a 25
    day grace period. If you have $353 laying around to pay the fees in that 25 day grace period I would take it and get a secured card
    at a more established bank where the fees aren't so outragious. Most anybody on this board will tell you those fee are the next best thing to theft.

5. Idris

Idris Guest

The Net! credit card company that was the first on your list asked for all my banking information. This caused me to read their policy page. These guys give a card and automatically charge $500 on it, which happens to be your new credit limit. As you make payments you have that amount as credit. So, if you give them $500 you'll have $500 creidt line. i.e. a secured card

6. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

I'm always complaining about my little tiny Capital One card, but the terms really aren't too bad if they offer you one. I think you can apply for one on their web site too.
    The only reason I complain is that my credit really isn't that bad, so I have other cards with much better terms. But to get you started with an active card again, Capital One is fairly predictable, with good service, very low limits, and high but honest fees. No application fee, by the way.
    The Capital One card offered on this site is their platinum card, with very little resemblance to their low-end card.

7. FISH

FISH Guest

First Comsumers National Bank is by far the best and cheapest. You can pull up info to have an application sent to you on the net or call 1-800-876-3262 and they will send you one. LOW MIN. starting deposit and you can build it up as you go. If you pay on time and do not pull a lot of cash advances they up your limit every six months and can go unsecured in 12-24 months.

8. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I am grateful to have my Capital One card, but they are stingy with credit increases and their $59 anual fee is way too high. If you ever go over your limit even by $1, forget a credit increase for at least a year.

I had an FCNB card myself several years back and they were very generous with credit increases. Since I left in good standing, I think I'm going back there and dumping the Cap1 card, but giving them one last chance to up my limit.