Credit Check for a Job

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Concerned, Aug 1, 2001.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Credit Check for a Job--Jamee25

I have been helped more than people would think...

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NanaC still owes me that 2 F.I.C.O. points so I will have 700... :)

Then I will shoot for 750...800...

3. nursie

nursie Well-Known Member

I'm sitting here thinking....being turned down for a job due to credit history (unless you're applying for accountant lol) is discriminatory! One of these days, someone's going to get real ticked off & sue the panties off of them. I say, it's none of their business!

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

JUST PRETENDING...

You run a company that specializes in computer software...You do a credit report on this new kid who is applying, named BILL GATES...he has a F.I.C.O. SCORE of 512 (CRA ERRORS) he ran his own MULTI BILLION DOLLAR BUSINESS...YOUR COMPANY SAYS DON'T HIRE HIM, F.I.C.O. SCORE IS TOO LOW!!!!!

IF YOU DO ACTUALLY GET DENIED A JOB BECAUSE OF A CREDIT REPORT OR F.I.C.O. SCORE...I WOULD YELL DISCRIMINATION!!!!!!!!!!!

5. AJiLE

AJiLE Well-Known Member

Actually, after pulling my Equifax report, I found out that the job I interviewed for in September (Sav-A-Lot) pulled my report for "pre-employment" screening. The turn-down I got gave NO INDICATION that my credit was even considered for such a job, and I never once received anything in writing. Perhaps it may be time for an attorney...

A. J.

6. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure that they are required by law to inform you if your credit had any part in your denial. But it smells bad because you must of been awfully close to getting the job or why spend the money to run the report? I mean the company doing my credit check is running it after sending me a contingent offer letter via FedEx. I mean as long as I pass the background check I am in. I know the salary, benefits, and everything.

I would REALLY look into that.

7. AJiLE

AJiLE Well-Known Member

Well, I feel kinda silly now... apparently it was for another P/T job I had gotten that they had hired me after looking at my credit report. I just called the pre-employment screening and verified who they had screened me for. *Sigh* I guess nevermind on that one.

A. J.

8. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

;-)

9. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

It is not just for accounting. Anyone with access to money in a bad credit situation can be considered a high risk employee.

www.creditsense.com

10. kbelle72

kbelle72 Well-Known Member

That's definately true....I'm a finance and accounting person with a pretty bad score. However, I've gotten around it so far by being truthful and explaining the circumstances at the time the bad entries happened. I'm doing credit repair right now, so hopefully my score will improve. I think they are more concerned with what the entries contain rather than your FICO (at least in my case this has proved true.)