Credit Clean Up 101 Help!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by creditfree, May 13, 2001.

1. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

So from now on it would be quite important for posters to give the actual names of the affiliate companies and their addresses. Many posters only talk as if it were only company. But from my recent research it does seem that these C** companies are mostly owned by eaqifax. Much could be learned about the actual name of the company involved.

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I believe that to be of utmost importance to all.
    These other companies are putting out actual credit reports on their own. I just got one in the mail sometime during the week while I was on vacation in Mexico. It was from this CSC Services outfit and it bore their name and all the proper format of a credit report that is carried by the big 3, yet I had demanded validation of Equifax, not CSC. The validation letter may or may not have been turned over to CSC, but my guess is that Equifax simply did not send them a copy of my validation letter at all, but rather some stupid form letter requesting only the standard verification. The acutal credior or CA may never have even been contacted at all. We have no actual knowledge of what actually happened.

A proper validation letter sent to both Equifax and CSC or CBC or whoever would put the clamps on their whole silly game and leave them no hidey-holes since then each would be responsible individually as well as severally to legal action.

The whole point here is that posters should be made aware of these leeches and be in a better position to put a stop to their illicit little tricks right from the git-go.
    These companies should be treated as being the CRAs that they really are, and instead of thinking of this business we undertake as simply dealing with 3 majors, they should be acquainted with the fact that there are now at least 5 majors that we know of and there may be more.

It's our ignorance of the facts of credit life that we must deal with here and cure simply because the CRAs count on the fact that we are ignorant of how it all operates and use our ignorance to their advantage. Let's learn who these various companies all are and put the meat hooks right into the middle of their little game.