Credit Cleanup Question (long)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by flogg, May 28, 2001.

1. flogg

flogg Member

Wow, sorry forgot the other question.

$30000 on a $160000 +/- home ..pj

2. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

Geting under your limits should do a lot for your score.

Specifically, what are the four reasons given with each score that they are not higher?

3. flogg

flogg Member

They only gave 3 reasons.

Over limits
    Payment History
    Credit Usage/High Balances

That's all it said ...pj

4. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

That's strange. A problem is the translation of credit data by resellers (people who buy the national credit bureaus' data and turn it into credit reports). Sometimes there isn't as much information as you'll find on a report directly from the nationals.

From whom did you obtain your reports?

What were the reasons on your husband's?

Were those the exact words? For instance was one really "Proportion of balances to credit limit is too high on revolving accts"? (see http://www.advantagecredit.com/creditreporting/adverse_reason_codes.htm )

5. flogg

flogg Member

These are for me -

Credit Usage : On average, you are using 122% of your credit limit on your credit card(s

Payment History : Last reported month, you missed at least 1 payment on 3 account(s

Credit Usage : On average, you currently owe $1,900 on each of your credit cards.

These are from Qspace for my husband -

Payment History : You missed 3 consecutive payments 2 months ago.

Length of Credit History : You opened your first credit account 9 years and 4 months ago

Credit Usage : You currently have $900 of available credit on your revolving account(s).

THanks ...pj

6. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

Those aren't FICO scores-- the ones used by mortgage lenders.

Try www.scorepower.com .

7. flogg

flogg Member

First Reason Code: 38 Your first reason code is 38, â??Serious delinquency, and public record or collection filedâ?

Second Reason Code: 13 Your second reason code is 13, â??Time since delinquency is too recent or unknownâ?

Third Reason Code: 34 Your third reason code is 34, â??Amount owed on delinquent accountsâ?.

Fourth Reason Code: 10 Your fourth reason code is 10, â??Proportion of balances to credit limits on bank/national revolving or other revolving accounts is too high

These are mine. I'll get my husbands in a bit, I have it stored. My FICO score was 549. the accounts that I have paid off and/or made current have not reported it yet ...pj

8. flogg

flogg Member

Husband score

First Reason Code: 38 Your first reason code is 38, â??Serious delinquency, and public record or collection filedâ?.

Second Reason Code: 13 Your second reason code is 13, â??Time since delinquency is too recent or unknownâ?

Third Reason Code: 34 Your third reason code is 34, â??Amount owed on delinquent accountsâ?.

Fourth Reason Code: 14 Your fourth reason code is 14, â??Length of time accounts have been establishedâ?

His score is 524 ...pj

9. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

Please post the credit score results of paying down your accounts in this thread.

10. flogg

flogg Member

Will do. I'm curious myself as my score is a little better than I thought ..pj