Credit Delinquency - $0 bal

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Howdy, Mar 27, 2001.

1. Howdy

Howdy Guest

I have two items on my credit report that show up as deliquencies but have a $0 balance since I paid them off.

I paid the CC issuers/collection agencies off in April 1996 and that is listed as the date of last activity. However, the actual date of first delinquency was in 1993, but when I paid the balances my report was updated to 1996.

Since it's been 5 years since 1996 will these $0 balance deliniquencies fall off my report this year? If not, where can I get information about the law that states that they cannot change the date of first delinquency?

Thanks for your help!

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: Credit Delinquency - $0 ba

According to what I have read debts PRIOR to the FCRA new guidelines in 9/97 are subject to the old rules, you debt occured in 93 however you paid them in 96 thus changing the last day of activity to 96. This is why the FCRA changed these very rules, debts occuring after the new guidelines are subject to the new rule meaning the first day a delinquency is the date the clock starts 7 years 180 days.

Have you tried disputed these since they are already paid they may not verify.