Credit disputing ?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Feb 10, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Junum disputed some items for me 3 weeks ago. that means I am probably going to receive responses from the CRA's in 3 or 4 weeks.

Is there any harm in disputing an old address or 2 right now by telephone or letter? Or should I wait and let Junum dispute the addresses for me next month? I don't want to "red flag" my file by doing too much at one time.

Thanks

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Hey Jim,
    I dont think it will matter. From what everyone else says here they may just remove it from a phone call.

roni

3. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Call the bureaus on little things like addresses.

4. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Question about address:

I got my Experian report and I had about 12 different address and 15 different names on my report. NO OTHER REPORT has this many "problems". Should I just call them regarding this?

5. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Same thing happend to me. I believe Experian had about 10 different addresses and 5 different names on my report. I called them and told them they were not my correct names...even offered to send them a copy of ss card. They told me it was not necessary and they would delete it. I received my updated copy in the mail. Sure enough, all addresses and names were deleted.