Credit Expert/Experian

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Terry, Jul 31, 2001.

1. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Update: I disputed the last 6 items on my experian credit report. One came back verified. It was a judgement for my National Direct Student Loan. I rehabed the loan as of 4/1/2001. I included the documentation to have the judgement removed. I received a letter from Experian telling me the judgement was "verified".

I promptly called the University. They informed me Experian never called or mailed anything to verify the judgement. They went so far as to fax me a letter stating such. I took the letter and sent Experian another letter (certified return receipt of course).

Well today, I log on credit expert. The judgement was removed from my credit report. The astonishing thing is my score jumped 3 measly points to 603. Thats it......3 measly points! I am so disapointed. I thought it would jump atleast 20-25.

I was hoping they wouldn't remove the judgement so I could take them to the magistrate. That way I could get all 6 lines removed.

Well all is not lost. I have the letter from the Attorney General for one of the tradelines. It is my hope they will claim to "verify". I didn't send them a copy of the letter disputing the tradeline. Hopefully the deletion will be worth 20-25 points, as it was a collection account added in March.

Can anyone guess the amount of points it will carry? I think FICO is more confusing because I don't think Fair Issac calculates they way they claim. There has to be variables that effects FICO scores that we aren't told about.

2. QUEEN_BEE

QUEEN_BEE Well-Known Member

Terry,

Got a question. Did you contact the CRA at all after they sent the letter saying they verified it?

3. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Terry, the experian score is not the REAL FICO. The equifax BEACON score is the only score that is FICO.

But you're doing a good job here, keep up the good work!

4. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Love,

I sent them a certifed return receipt letter basically telling them I am forwarding the information ONE LAST time, if the tradeline wasn't removed it was off to court.

Thanks for explaining the difference Leo. Its so confusing.

5. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

I had a small 2 year old paid collection item added in March and deleted last month. It got me one whole point.

6. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

No problem terry, just wanted to point out that the increase in scores is not the most important. Getting wrong info of your reports is the top piority. Reason I say that is that every lender has there own approval standards and they don't just look at scores. The less negative info on your report the better.