Credit Expert Score up 5 pts today!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, Jul 18, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Say what you will about Experian's Credit Expert service -- I'm enjoying being able to watch day-to-day progress.

The only change on my report today was that Capital One updated. My score went up 5 points (for a $50 payment????) and I've broken through the 600 barrier with a score of 602. I've also moved from the "high risk" category to the "medium high risk" area.

I still have three inquiry disputes going on that are due by 7-22. Two of these are almost a year old, but one is from March. If that one goes I'll have no inquires in the last 10 months on my Experian report!

2. FeliceRodo

FeliceRodo Well-Known Member

Congrats, DaveLV! I hope those deletions bring up that score. As I said before my score went up 7 points and all I could find as a reason was the overall debt figure decreased, and my availbable credit increased.

The payments that I made last week which reduced my credit card debt reflect in the overall debt but CE doesn't show any updated numbers from my creditors. The creditors last reporting was from June.

In addition, my bankruptcy from years ago is showing up as filed in 1997 (correct) and discharged last week (incorrect - discharged in 1997). Phone reps lie to me that my credit report is fully updated with the corrected information. I tell them CE doesn't show the correct bk stats. I've called them for a month and it's like sucking a dead horse.

I still don't know how CE knows my debt is reduced when my creditors tell me they only report on the last day of the month.