Credit Expert score

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, Oct 18, 2001.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

For those of you keeping score, my % of available credit increased 18% and my score went up 25 pts. It appears that % of available credit does play a big part in your score.

2. IncomeHelp

IncomeHelp Well-Known Member

Funny, I paid everything off with the exception of $49 and my score on creditNOTexpert went up 7 points. I think they hate me. The ups and downs of my score make no sense. Nothing changes and they play with the score.

John

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hi LKH,

I had meaning to say hello to you for some time. I have been following your lawsuit with interest but as I am not knowledgeable on that topic - I have had nothing to say.

Regarding Creditexpert - I too think that the ratio of available revolving debt has a big influence on the score. It does not appear to me that installment debt is viewed the same way. I may be wrong here but I never saw any change in the score when I made car payments. Payments that each month dropped my total debt.

Jim

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Hey Jim,

I believe you are correct regarding the installment loans. I have never seen an increase in score even when I've made 2 payments at once, with 1 being the regular payment and the 2nd being applied to the principle only. Go figure. I also think the reason my score increased so much was because my % of available credit was down to about 25% and then I made some large payments. My % should take another jump in the next few days so it should be interesting to see if my score increases as much this time.

5. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I sure hope you get a healthy increase in your Creditexpert score LKH. I had fun with Creditexpert but I did cancel it 2 weeks ago as I just don't have the time or interest to check my score every day at this point in my credit recovery.

Also, my interest in the score Creditexpert provides was 701 on the day that my CU informed me that my Experian score was actually 728. Needless to say..

I was happy that the EX score was 27 points higher rather than 27 points lower. LOL

Best regards,

Jim

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

See above for my gramatical correction. I need to go to sleep.

Jim