credit has finally been reesta

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by whizbang, Aug 15, 2000.

1. whizbang

whizbang Guest

Thanks to the support of this board that I have been following for about the past two years, I have been sucessfully been able to reestablish credit again from a bankrupsy filed in 1996 due to medical problems. I would like to thank the regulars for your sound financial advice. I am now the owner of 4, YES 4 Visa accounts totaling $7000.00 and I finally got my first prime card this morning! Thank you all for your advice!

2. A.C. Brown

A.C. Brown Guest

RE: credit has finally been re

Congrats!!

Could you tell me what and how did you reestablish credit after bankruptcy, and what credit cards are you holding now?

3. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Could you also tell me how you accomplished this?

4. MT

MT Guest

Thats an interesting post as I filed for a
    chapter 13 bankruptcy in July of 98. I'm
    still paying for another 3 years. Qualified for a Cap 1 secured card last year. Started at $200-they have now raised me to $400. Qualified for unsecured NextCard ($700 limit)
    and Target ($500 limit) this year. Also
    qualified for another unsecured Visa with a $600 limit recently. Am I doing good, bad, or fair? I've applied for some other cards, and have been turned down. Am I going to have to wait another couple years before I can get a card with over $1000 limit?

5. whizbang

whizbang Guest

Well I started out with Capitol one for 500.00, kept them for 6 months, then closed out the account, (Which I am sorry I did), Then went to ARIA got approved for 1000.00, that card now is up to 3250.00 Then got Merrick Card for 800.00. Both cards I have had a year now, Now I got a Capitol one card back again last week for a few hundred, and then I have got the Next Card for a 1500.00. Also I bought a new home last year. All I did was carry a balance and paid as agreed. I got a preapproval letter in mail from ORchard Bank which I trashed it. I was able to roll over a few high interest balances and will be getting rid of at least two high interest cards and keep the two low interest cards.
    A.C. Brown wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Congrats!!

Could you tell me what and how did you reestablish credit after bankruptcy, and what credit cards are you holding now?

6. whizbang

whizbang Guest

I forgot to mentioned in the previous posts, that I was told once your bankrupsy goes into the fourth year, which mine did last month, then the chances of getting more credit will be much easier. About the third year I started getting the 1000.00 credit line which I made sure that it was paid on time and at least paid more than the min. It looks like you got a better start than I did. You are well on the way on getting credit established. You did GREAT!
    MT wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Thats an interesting post as I filed for a
    chapter 13 bankruptcy in July of 98. I'm
    still paying for another 3 years. Qualified for a Cap 1 secured card last year. Started at $200-they have now raised me to $400. Qualified for unsecured NextCard ($700 limit)
    and Target ($500 limit) this year. Also
    qualified for another unsecured Visa with a $600 limit recently. Am I doing good, bad, or fair? I've applied for some other cards, and have been turned down. Am I going to have to wait another couple years before I can get a card with over $1000 limit?

7. Stormie

Stormie Guest

Congradulations ! Isn't it nice to see all your hard work pay off. It sounds like you are back on the right road , and no doubt will be recieving better offers in the near future.

8. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

your story is similar to mine.
    keep the cards.
    keep using them.
    you'll get to $1000 in about 6 months w/ C1.
    Go to Mervyns Dept Store or Radio Shack-they use Target Retailer Bank.
    They'll both give you cards.
    GREAT JOB on Nextcard - they turned me down.
    Get one more visa or MC.
    Providian has cleaned up their act since the FEDS fined them - now they are good and have online access.
    check out providianonline.com- you will probably get $1000 unsecured visa classic now.
    I have used Providian and went from $1000
    to $3200 in 18 months.