Credit...how much?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by creditfree, May 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbauer

bbauer Banned

[Editor's note: bbauer is referring to a post of his which triggered a series of messages that spiraled this thread off topic, and which have been deleted in the meantime]

I can agree that it was in poor taste, and I think that the fact that I have asked for it's removal should be evidence that I realize now that it was it poor taste even though I had no thought of it becoming considered as a racial slur.

Just didn't stop to think of it that way because I am not a person who normally thinks in terms of putting others down and most especially for reasons of race or culture.

I have many good friends who are of other racial and ethnic backgrounds including Hispanics from many different nations, Blacks, Orientals and Indians from several different tribes. I work with many of them every day as well as associate with them off the job.

As many here are well aware, I am extremely fluent in Spanish and we crack jokes about Hispanics as well as "gringos" all the time.

To me, the color of a person's skin is totally irrelevant to any social atmosphere. In my mind, and in our modern world, racial differences have no valid place. We are all humans, be we good, bad or indifferent. All are to be treated for what kind of person they are, not what is the color of their skin. .

When it comes to race or ethnic background or nationality, the only thing that matters is that all be treated equally and that all have equal opportunity to the greatest extent possible given their own mental and physical limitations whatever they may be.

Those who hate others for whatever reason have no place among my list of friends. Our Lord and Saviour tried to teach us better than that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.