Credit increase for AMEX blue?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Moya, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Moya

Moya Well-Known Member

What is the quickest and most effective way to get a credit line increase from Amex? They gave me a credit line of $2000.00 and I want about $5000.00. I've had the card for 3 months.

2. Platinum

Platinum Well-Known Member

Moya,

There is no way you can get increase right now. You have to wait 3 more months.

3. willgator

willgator Well-Known Member

that says it all ( platinum if you call r you can get blue at 6.99)

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I have been waiting 4 years for one...BUT THAT IS ME

5. BlueRidge

BlueRidge Well-Known Member

Willgator,

I have had Blue for 3 years and they reduced me to 7.99 earlier this year. I asked last night for 6.99 from a Blue CSR and they said 7.99 fixed is the lowest rate they have. Is there any special number I should try??? Is the 6.99 rate a variable rate based on prime or "fixed"??

6. olivse

olivse Well-Known Member

Hey all,

In my experience the best way to get a bigger blue limit is to capitalize on their balance transfer offers. My GF had a limit of 5k and did a balance transfer and they raised her limit in the amount of the transfer. And the interest rate was 6.8 % on the balance until it is paid off. Call AMEX or check the website, they run those deals all the time. I have even seen them as low as 4%

7. Platinum

Platinum Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Credit increase for AMEX blue?

Hi Will,

my Amex Blue is too new and still has promotional 0% APR for purchases. I will be calling them after 6 months.

Thanks !!!

8. BlueRidge

BlueRidge Well-Known Member

Sorry Will....I figured out the number to call after re-reading your ealier post...

mea culpa