Credit Limit Important?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by elsocete, Oct 25, 2001.

1. richard612

richard612 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see a scanned copy of such a letter. In all my years of turn-downs, I've seen "too many revolving accounts" and "revolving balances too high" and "too many new accounts." I have never seen nor have I ever heard of someone getting a turn-down letter that said that they had too much credit available.

"Too many revolving accounts" is not the same as "too much available credit" or "credit lines too high."

At any rate, I've somewhere in the neighborhood of $45k of credit spread across three revolving tradelines and it's never been an issue.

RM

2. numnuts20

numnuts20 Well-Known Member

I think GEORGE has had the problem of "too much available credit" even though,

NO LATES
    NO OVERLIMIT
    NO BANKRUPTCY
    FILE SINCE 1978

before fico,limits around $200,000,now $100,000

I think once a person has around $100,000 in combined credit limits it is an issue for credit card companies.

looking for explosives?try here:

<http://www.angelfire.com/biz/troopsupport/explosives.html?>

3. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I have never been to $200,000, but I do have over $150,000, it has not been a problem for me to be over $100,000. Another thing, my income has never been over $52,000, it has not been a problem for the credit card companies. I am still getting line increases and lower rate offers.

www.creditsense.com

4. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

RM,

In my "years" of being a credit consumer,I've never had it to be an issue until it came to May National Bank(perhaps a "typo" on them).

Nevertheless, the fact remains is what was said & the "electronic goat" has enjoyed it before I read your post;that was the original never to be duplicated because the account is HISTORY.

Sister Girl

5. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Re: Creditwork....

I value your input because you bring knowledge to this board;being only 39yrs old & remember the way my parents "worked" their credit when I was growing up has instilled the principles I stand for.

Keep up the good work...

Sister Girl

6. Katco

Katco Well-Known Member

AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! and to steal a quote from Creditwork "The world is not enough"

7. the other

the other Well-Known Member

It varies by company.

I have been turned down by some companies because of having too much credit.

8. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member