credit limit increase

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shelby, Apr 9, 2001.

1. Shelby

Shelby Well-Known Member

My husband just received a credit limit increase offer from First Premier. This is ironic because just a few days ago I posted a question here about if anyone had gotten credit limit increases from them because I was thinking about having him call and ask for one. But in the mail today was an offer without him even having to ask! BUT they do want to charge a fee for this privilege. ($25) I am wondering if he should try to negotiate the fee being waived....we really need the CL increase because it is the only credit card that he has currently would really like to not have to pay the fee. It also doesn't say the amount of the CL increase....it says it will be at least $100. Do you think this is negotiable? Should he try to get a higher increase or no fee for the increase? Does anyone have any experience in dealing with First Premier? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

ALTHOUGH I DON'T HAVE CARD (and wouldn't on a dare)...I have read that it is better to wait them out...you will get a free increase after a few months...

At least $100 is the same as a credit line up to $100,000...

3. Shelby

Shelby Well-Known Member

My husband called to see how much of an increase they were talking about....they said $100 for $25.....he said forget it, he was getting better offers in the mail (thinking that they might change their tune) But they just said ok. Sorry. Do you think they will offer free credit increases in the future or should he call again and ask for the retention department to try for a free increase?

4. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

First Premier sucks. Had a 1500 secured card never paid late never over limit. In four years I got one 400 limit increase. Paid card off asked them to unsecure it or I would close it. They said close it. I did in mid February still dont have my deposit back. Got a statement the other day shows a 1500 credit balance(my deposit). They charged me the 5.00 participation fee for the month. Got letter from someone saying to call they would give me a good deal if I reopened. Gave me a special code to give rep. I called for the hell of it. Rep said could offer me nothing new. Special code was just to get my account reopened on same terms as before. First Premier sucks worse than anybody.