credit limits and FICO

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by steve, Nov 10, 2001.

1. steve

steve Well-Known Member

Is there a relation between how much limit you get after being approved by a cc issuer and the FICO score you had at the time? I thought the limit you got was based on your income.

I think there should be a relation because I applied for a Discover Platinum two years ago and was approved for the minimum limit (5K). I think I had two or three inquiries at that time. Recently, I applied for the Bank of America Gold Card. Bofa gave me a Platinum card with a line of 7,500. Bofa's minimum line for Gold and Platinum is 5,000. I think I had only one inquiry at the time of application.

My income and residence didn't change since I applied for Discover and Bofa, but my FICO score must have increased because of aging accounts and inquires that have dropped out. So, I guess the score does contribute to what limit you get. Any thoughts???

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Yes FICO can affect your limit, APR, BT, BT% rate, whether or not you get the credit, and even any fees charged....am I forgetting anything?

-Peace, Dave

3. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

No Dave,

I believed the same ways you analyzing it.

Herman

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Fico limits everyones credit:

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THAT IS A GOOD ONE...I have perfect credit history since 1978, have the income to support it, but F.I.C.O. SCORE WON'T GO MUCH ABOVE 700...so I get denied for new credit so I can "BETTER" my credit portfolio...