Credit Limits to Income

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Doug, Oct 29, 2000.

1. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what your total credit lines should be compared to annual income ? Also, Where your total balance (%) should be compared to total credit lines for highest scoring system with bureaus. Read the amounts owed at the Fair, Isaac web site, wasn't to clear.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Since fico doesnot take into account your income, this will not affect your credit score. Lenders take into account your income when they apply their own scoring model along with your fico score to determine your credit risk and to determine to extend credit to you. Limits and debt ratios are much more important. You should worry more about your debt/income ratio to make sure you arenot overextended.

3. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

My income has never exceeded $52,000, yet my lines have been as high as $150,000. It's all in how one manages credit. Creditors like to get paid, they like you to stick to the agreement. I borrow constantly, I have not been at zero debt, ever. I am constantly in search for better credit terms.
    I do not know much about credit scoring, I only know from personal experience. Borrow close to the limit, pay it off in 3-6 months, if you can. Let the account sit idle for a couple of months and repeat. This method has gotten me big increases and lower rates. This method has gotten CreditWorks, LLC, big increases and lower rates and has helped every individual or small business that has participated in the porgram accomplish the same.

http://www.creditsense.com

4. pat

pat Guest

float 5 or 10% of the entire credit card...carry $500 on a $10K card.