Credit Limits

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by S.D., Nov 16, 2000.

1. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Are credit limits taken greatly into consideration when your credit report is pulled? Or is that a minor thing? I keep hearing everyone talking about how Providian offers generous increases and how that's one of the perks on their cards. And I heard Experian doesn't report Credit Limits? Is that legal ?

2. Russ

Russ Guest

What do you mean:
    'Experian dosen't report Credit Limits'?

They sure do!! What gave you the idea they didn't? Some might not report on experian (credit limit), but most of them will.

Russ

3. S.D.

S.D. Guest

That's what I read on this board. Maybe it's with certain creditors or individuals? I think it was Mom who was having that problem with Experian.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Mom and I have citibank aadvantage cards. The credit limits of these citi cards on not on our credit reports. THat is what you read exactly.

roni

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

excuse me.

that should have been, it is not reported on our experian reports.

roni

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RE: excuse me.

The credit reporting agency reports what the credit card company tells them to report.

If the credit card company wants to only to report "highest credit", that is what will be reported...if they want to report the "credit limit" that is what will be reported.

SO IF YOU HAVE A HIGH CREDIT OF $5,000 ON YOUR CARD WITH A CURRENT BALANCE OF $4,900
    YOU ARE 98%!!! YOUR CREDIT LIMIT MAYBE $15,000 WHICH IS A TRUE 33%...A BIG DIFFERENCE!!!

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

George

When I called citibank again about this matter this week, they told me that experian was not providing a space on the form to include credit limit. They blamed it on experian. Now citi is reporting the limit to equifax so maybe it is true. You see capital one does not report our limits, and this is evident on all 3 credit bureaus. Anyway citi told me to send them a letter and the credit bureau to get it included.

roni.