Credit Limits

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by diesel2029, Mar 6, 2001.

1. diesel2029

diesel2029 Guest

Hi all, I have two high credit line platinum cards, both about $12,000, but I recently received an AMEX Optima Platium with just a $3,000 limit. How come they didn't give me a higher limit like the other cards? Is AMEX more conservative in giving higher limits? I have the same job and income so nothing has changed there, but why do certain companies give much higher limits than others?

2. Saar

Saar Banned

If you call Amex New Accounts during the first 30 days of your account, they may give you an instant credit increase.

Saar

3. Jeff

Jeff Guest

The more unsecured credit you have, the less likely you will be able to pay your balances. Since your credit risk will be higher, you will receive a lower credit limit on your additional credit cards.

4. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

Do you really NEED $24,000 in credit? When are you ever going to have a $24,000 emergency?

here is my $.02 worth about credit cards....

Credit Card debt is NEGATIVE, BAD DEBT.. It is doing NOTHING FOR YOU!! I don't care what anyone says... If you cannot afford to pay your bill off in AT LEAST TWO MONTHS, you CANNOT AFFORD TO PURCHASE WHAT YOU ARE PURCHASING ON YOUR CREDIT CARD... PERIOD...

People are living beyond their means with credit cards, and these companies know, and exploit it...

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MY $0.02 WORTH...I use my DISCOVERCARD for everything I can, pay in full every month. My cash back makes it CHEAPER THAN CASH!!!