Credit line for plat amex is $2000

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by leo728, Nov 16, 2001.

1. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

So I guess , if people want to apply for a optima card, take the back door!

delta gold skymiles and do a product transfer. I wanted to try the front door because I thought I might get approved for more, but as it turns out. Still only $2000.

So why take the hardway when you can sneak in thru the back right?

2. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: Credit line for plat amex is $2

I doubt the Optima Platinum is any more "front door" than the Delta when it comes to approval standards.

When a cardmember applies for further cards, the additional credit limits tend to be much lower. But you can still ask New Accounts to have your new credit line re-evaluated.

$2K is simply the minimum credit line they set for approved card applications.

Saar

3. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

don't want to push it lol. I am not that greedy. I will be treating this card as a "charge" card. I like this card because it has no annual fee. Now I can finally get my own costco membership with the money I save from cancelling my gold charge card.

4. Saar

Saar Banned

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

they will scrutinize your report and pull another inq if you ask new accounts to reconsider Your app. So if you have more than 5 inquiries, don't waste your time they said wait another 6 months so they can factor in your payment history as well..

6. Saar

Saar Banned

Sam, your rep may have made a mistake. Normally, re-evaluation of a credit line by New Accounts does not require them to pull another report. Your existing report (pulled at the time you applied for the card) is simply forwarded to a higher credit authority for review.

Saar

7. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I like the cash back feature of the cashback card. Since I won't be keeping any balances on this card the apr not important to me.

8. 2244y

2244y Well-Known Member

Personally,I think Amex is good at line increase.I was approved Amex cash rebate with $2,000 ,got $2,000 increase 6 months later.After 6 months one BT offer came,that BT offer came with line increase:if I transfer blance from other card I would get line increase dollars for dollars ,the max amount i can transfer was $10,000.So I made about $8,000 BT,my limit is $12,000 now.

9. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

2244y, thanks for the tip. On a side note, why did you choose 2244y as a nick? does it have any meaning? because in chinese 2 means certainly and 4 means death.

why not use a 8, that means wealth or rich.

10. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

My Delta limit is $5,870, but I can do balance transfers up to $40,000.

www.creditsense.com