Credit Membe Services

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kenny, Feb 17, 2001.

1. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

Ok I got a call from them yesterday saying I was approved for a visa and mastercard. I remember what you guys have said about them from the forum but I said hey I will listen just to se what they have to say.
    So they go through this big song and dance about how I am approved for this and that how my apr and annual fee will be this and that. Then they asay you just have to pay a 199.00 fee. I saidI really don't want to pay a fee for a credit card and he did about 2 mintues of trying to get me to do it. Then I was like no thanks. He just hung up and idn't say anything after that. No bye, thank you or anything I even had one rep say "If you didn't want the card don't fucking apply".
    I just laughed. It is always some company charging anywhere from 119 to 199 for a credit card. I am curious though do you guys know anyone who has paided the fee and what they have gotten in return?
    Also they always ask for your bank info, ss nunmber, personal stuff before they even tell you what the fees and terms are. Who in the hell would do this? Big big scam.

Kenny

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Do you by chance know what phone # they called from. Someone has been calling me 2 -3 times a day last week using a 1-877 #. I think they may be the same people. When I tried to call back, I got a message saying I was trying to access a private network and and access is denied. What the hell is that?

3. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

I through the number out. I should have kept it. It wasn't a 877 number though.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

They ALWAYS say you have to send a check to a P.O. BOX...for some stupid reason they can't charge the fee to the credit card...

MAYBE BECAUSE THEY NEVER HAVE A CREDIT CARD TO GIVE!!!