Credit Protection Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by FeliceRodo, Sep 13, 2001.

1. FeliceRodo

FeliceRodo Well-Known Member

A family member is missing in the WTC disaster. I want to send funds to my family but cannot afford to do so unless I stop my credit card payments.

I do have credit protection that will pay for me in case of emergency.

Wouldn't the WTC qualify as one?

Any thoughts appreciated.

2. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I don't think so Felice. I would read your Protection Agreement and make sure though. I'm pretty sure it only covers job loss or accidental death or disability of the covered party.

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

No need to stop credit card payments. Just let them process as usual and then use your credit card(s) to do a Western Union wire transfer since mailing them any money wouldn't probably work right now in light of the Airline stuff. This way you don't have to stop any payments on your card(s) and be charged late fees, etc.

http://www.westernunion.com/

4. chriscraft

chriscraft Well-Known Member

FeliceRodo, I am very sorry to hear about your family member. I am so sorry. It is awful.

Perhaps those on the board here wouldn't mind setting up and contributing to some sort of fund to help out those posters, like FeliceRodo, who have been financially affected by the tragedy. Any thoughts on this, anyone?

5. FeliceRodo

FeliceRodo Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for your responses. I am sure Scott is dead, and the only way I can honor him and get out my anger is with my statements at the forum. I have written many things that are on my mind. You may not agree with them, but that is what the forum is all about, right?

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I'm for it. Need a trustee.

Felice, so sorry. I hope your relative is okay, just hard to find.

7. newstdt

newstdt Well-Known Member

Prayers to you Felice...

I'm so sorry.

8. rubyjean

rubyjean Well-Known Member

Credit Card Companies are going to be very flexible in regards to Customers who have been affected by this disaster.. This is in regards to late payments, ect.. Call up each Company and speak with them.. I think that you will find them very Helpful Good Luck

9. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I am sorry for your possible loss.
    There are many ways to help. Money is not everything. Continue to make the payments and use your card to maybe buy travelers cheques.

My thought are with you in this time of sorrow.