credit question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by zip, Jan 3, 2001.

1. zip

zip Well-Known Member

I realize having collections on your credit reports are bad but exactly how bad does it look to a company who pulls your report and it shows them all paid? I have 3 and they are paid-one being a judgement.There is one I refuse to pay as it is a medical bill and the hospital did not submit to ins. and now its to late for them to collect from ins. and it shows up as "customer does not agree" I got a report from Q-space and it gave me a credit score of 627-I know they are not to accurate.I have just worked hard to pay off these collections and would like to know it helped me some as these will be on my credit report for 4-5 more years.Thanks for any insight you may have

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I dont think anyone can really answer that question. We all know that it hurts and that paid collections are no better than unpaid collections as far as credit scoring. But my point is who actually pulls a report now a days and review it, besides a mortgage broker and a car dealer. These people usually dismiss anything over 2 years. So, if people relying souly on credit scores we all are in bad shape with the paid negatives because they trigger a denial as quickly as a unpaid one. Those are my thoughts.

roni

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: roni is right

Most credit issuers (prime) have auto-denial on any collections. Regardless on how much good credit you have.

All instant-approval/mail in approval applications never see the light of humans, computers handle 100% of the application approval etc..

You may wish to try citibank AA. They may still consider you.

Also a friend of mine got a chase pre-approval recently for 24% (!!!) platinum card and he has collections.

4. zip

zip Well-Known Member

RE: roni is right

that was very well said you guys! I do have some credit with car loans and a few credit cards, Citibank is one of them.I never really gave my credit much thought intil I started reading this board a few months back.I never had a problem with car loans but was surprised as hell when citibank approved me! I guess I will do the best I can with keeping what credit I have on the straight and narrow!In 4 or 5 long years these collections will fall off. Thanks guys!

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I am sure you may have answered this before, but have you tried to dispute the paid collections?? I know people have said that sometimes if these are paid the creditor won't bother to verify. if you have already tried that sorry just thought I would suggest it.

Mom

6. zip

zip Well-Known Member

i have tried disputing the collections to no avail.I just had an address deleted from the reports and the collections stemmed from that address so i'm going to try it again.Thank you for replying to my question,I was feeling pretty down about all this. I want to buy the house i'm in and I felt it wasnt looking to good.