Credit Repair - An Obsession?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dlo64, Jun 6, 2001.

1. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

I was just curious as to how many of you out there are finding that credit repair and credit re-establishment can become an obsession?

This board is very addicting :) Can't go a day without checking in and seeing what's going on.

The information shared is extremely helpful. The only problem is now I am beginning to eat and sleep credit repair. LOL I never realized all the factors that go into having good credit. I only wish I had found this board a couple of years ago. Would have saved me a lot of heartache.

Anyone else obsessed?

2. EPM191

EPM191 Member

Tell me about it!!!!!!
    I dream a experian dream with 770 FICO..........

3. My2kGT

My2kGT Well-Known Member

I am obsessed with it!!!!

I've picked the "good fight!"

4. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

I think I hear a song in this...

I'm dreaming of a high FICO
    Just like the one I used to know...

5. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

When I started out, it seemed as if there was no one out there that was like minded. Through, a little research I found this board and others with the same addiction. So let me be the first to say-

"My name is Godaddyo and I am a credit repair addict". Wow! I feel better!!!

It is funny to see how many people have no clue how the credit industry works. Even people that work in the industry dont always have a firm grip on the subject. They always say that true genuis is specialized knowledge. That is what you get when you learn your rights and how to protect yourself.

6. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

LOL DLO64!

Let's see...

"I'm dreaming of a low FICO, just like the ones I used to know."

Because I persisted, only good accounts are listed
    and the neg-a-tives are all zero.

hehehehe Others can do better, I'm sure. :)

Donna

7. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Okay here goes:

My name is dlo64 and I am a credit repair addict!

Your right, that does feel better. I wondered if it was just me or what.

Maybe we ought to start our own club - CR Anonymous :)

Hey you have to have a little humor in all this madness!

8. Laray

Laray Well-Known Member

I am such an addict, right now i am bored out of my mind at work and will probably get yelled at for being online....i have dreams about great credit. I spent the last two hours writing up figures of what i would probably have to do in order to get my score to where i want it to. i looked over a few credit reports i have and in the past 18 months, i have probably accessed my own report at least 6 times if not more. I am currently working with Lexington to help me clean up a few things, and I can't wait until my reports come back to see how much better I am getting. I have went from a score of 496 to 647 in 18 months and I still would like at least 100 more points on that score. I come to this board at least twice a day to post my questions and frustrations and to see if I can help anyone else. I am always worried about my credit and spend every bit of spare time I have obsessing over it.

9. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Hi, my name is miles......and I'm a credit repair addict.

Feels good to say that!! :-D

I have learned so much since finding this board. It's a shame that many people don't know 1/4 of what we do. I am still shocked by how much consumers need to know and don't. This board has been a blessing.

10. TCEast

TCEast Well-Known Member

For the last month and a half I have been doing research on how best to handle getting my credit cleaned up. Now I find I am going online everyday trying to find new ideas and methods to use. I am actually looking forward to battling with the CAs. I may be obsessed but I can't help it - I love a challenge!

11. amaineman

amaineman Well-Known Member

It is true, you know what you had once it is gone ...
    2008 my record could be flawless ... today just happy with improving

12. bbauer

bbauer Banned

It is funny to see how many people have no clue how the credit industry works. Even people that
    work in the industry dont always have a firm grip on the subject. They always say that true genuis is specialized knowledge. That is what you get when you learn your rights and how to protect yourself.

Sort of funy how you made that comment.

You see, Hitler, Stalin, Musolini and other dictators have historically put all the little kiddies in their countries in uniforms almost from the time they were old enough to think a little bit and taught them to "salute the Fuhrer", march to the tune so to speak. Gave them guns and bight uniforms with shiny badges they could earn if they were good little kiddies.

We do much the same thing when we train all our professionals. Lawyers for instance are taught the law the way the government and the courts want them to know the law and how to uphold it.
    They are always well trained to salute the Fuhrer, but not to be independnt thinkers, not to look for the loopholes. Those who "jump the fences" make great defense lawyers, get rich and famous very quickly, but they never become judges. never reach high offices.

CPA's and tax accountants do great work. They are very professional in what they do, but how many of them do you ever see telling their clients that they should not sign their tax returns under penaly of perjury because that would violate their 5th Amendment rights against self-incrimination? How many of them tell their clients that they don't owe a tax unless they have been assessed a tax?

Fat chance of anything like that happening.

If they told their customers anything like that, they wouldn't earn much money, would they now?

13. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

Yes!!! I check this and other boards at work (like now) and at home, every day, with few exceptions. I check the mail in anticipation every day. My wife thinks I'm crazy and obsessed. People will mention some mis-information about credit and I have to correct them. I try to get others to check their reports and do the same (Only one convert, so far). I'm trying to figure out what I'll do with all my extra time, once my reports are clean :)
    Pat

14. jshimmer

jshimmer Well-Known Member

Hello, My name is John, and I am a FORMER credit repair addict ... :)

I say this only because (drum roll please) I have succeeded in turning a sub 400 score (almost 3 years ago) into a mid 700's score.

Now that I'm golden again, I find that I'm not here as OFTEN as I used to be, but I do relapse a few times a week ... :)

It didn't seem like it was a TON of work while it was happening, but now that I look back through my files and folders, I'm beginning to realize that the number of letters, disputes, phone calls and other communications more than likely number somewhere in the HUNDRED + range.

The best part, short of my own risk being "normal" again, is that I've used my new found knowledge to be able to help others (not just on the credit boards, but here in real life) with similar issues and problems.

15. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

How many of you are trying to change your credit record to a history that isn't true?

16. Squawk1200

Squawk1200 Well-Known Member

If you include having accurate derogatory information removed, count one right here.

17. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Yes Squawk, I believe that's what Mr. Fisher is referring to. Having said that, I respectfully decline to engage in a conversation about having accurate derogatory information removed because the last one we had, I vowed to not do so again.

18. Squawk1200

Squawk1200 Well-Known Member

LOL! I'll play -- Greg likes to poke at people on message boards and sometimes he should get poked back at.

19. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

How do you justify lies in your credit file?

20. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Hey Squawk...how do you? ;-)