Credit Repair - An Obsession?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dlo64, Jun 6, 2001.

1. Squawk1200

Squawk1200 Well-Known Member

What lies? And, to whom am I supposed to justify this to?

2. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

Greg,
    Are you saying that because it's "true" you should be penalized for 7 or 10 years? I have one charge off that is accurate, 5 years ago I made a final payment 2 mos late. Is it my fault.. yes. Is it true.. yes. Is it screwing up my score and am I trying to make it go away... yes!
    Pat

3. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Here we gooo....OPEN THE FLOOD GATES!

4. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to start/continue a long drawn out argument. The CRA's report untrue information, that the consumer would never know about unless they were informed. And even with it being untrue it is very difficult to have removed. How does the CRA justify it? They don't.

Do I have to justify it to Greg or anyone? NO!

It's my opinion, and it probably won't change, with any argument.

5. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

It is so good that you brought this up. I don't believe that people should use the knowledge of credit repair to cheat the system over and over again. I would hope that most people will go through financial hell one time and this is their get out of jail pass. You see many people everyday realize that they have bitten off more than they can chew. They have credit card debt out the ying yang. There mortgage payment and school loans are eating them alive. They have been lied to by the government and society in general. They have been told that they must lead their lives a certain way. They way their next door neighbors and the people on television lead lavish lives. They might have children who have learned that same awful spending habits. They may believe that being in debt is the only way they can live in this society(in some aspects this is true) and succeed. They want it now and there is no reason why they should wait when you can charge it now. They don't know the difference between good debt and bad debt. The mailbox is filled with credit card propaganda everyday, with offers of lower interest rates or teaser offers that tell them they deserve a vacation. We have become a society who is dependent on credit for every aspect of our lives. The banks have taken over all aspects of how money is generated in this country. Our national debt is sky high, and the federal reserve drops interest rates to spark consumer spending and keep the economy going. Our very own currency is backed by nothing but the good word of our country. The barter system is almost completely dead and unless you decide to participate in the credit based society your life will be much more complicated. You cant even pay your bills with cash anymore. By the way, they never teach children how to handle finances in the class rooms. They expect the parents to teach their children all about it and mom and dad will work full time in the process. Parents barely have the time to teach their kids how to tie their shoes, yet alone teach them about something that they were never taught when they were young. I guess we are supposed to feel real sorry for credit card companies who charge off debts and recoup some of their losses through taxes and insurance. Then they sell it to a third party for a profit. Maybe we should feel sorry for ourselves, for our ignorance about how money really works. Maybe we should fee bad that the government feels it is ok to take 50% or more of hour money through taxes and social security. I feel robbed every day. There are huge corporations that are never held accountable for there actions. They are called Credit Reporting Agencies. They have decided that it is their right to collect your personal information(without your permission)and make a profit selling it to others. Almost anyone can observe our personal financial lives and we can do nothing about it. If you screw up one time, you will be sent to credit jail for seven years. With this derogatory information being passed around you are lucky if you can super size a value meal and you are just surviving. You cant even rent an apartment with bad credit. This leaves you with very few choices. A cardboard box comes to mind for starters. Now where do you believe you fall in the middle of all this craziness. Are you in denial or are you in the process of true enlightenment? I think I would feel real bad about lying to the enemy......Although, what I have just stated is extreme, it has a lot of truth to it. It could justify someone lying to repair their credit. Especially when it directly affects their prosperity in this society.

6. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Bravo!

Cyprigirl :)

7. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

Greg:

We are not necessarily condoning lies in our credit file.

Let me give you an example. Assume a negative in my file which is true. The law allows me to require the CRA to verify that debt. If they can't, the law says they have to remove it. I didn't lie, cheat, or steal. I just did what the law allowed me to do.

Having said that, the small amount of repair I have had to do on my reports has made me so ticked off at the CA's and the CRA's that I totally despise them. All the lies, incompetency, rudeness, etc., makes me think of them as the enemy. And, as the enemy, I will do what I can to beat them. They resorted to lies, so I don't feel bad about fighting on their terms.

8. godaddyo

Oh yah1 The law does say that we are allowed to excercise these rights, wether they are true or not. It is our right! I believe that some people believe that it is still dishonest to play poker with a poker face!!!! After all isnt bluffing lying??lol ;-)

9. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I agree.

They do become the enemy.

But I think you are wasting your time discussing this matter with G. Fisher.

You cannot open a locked door without the key.

Cyprigirl :)

10. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

Those who don't lie are damaged by the liars because those who don't lie pay higher rates-- giving them less residual income-- than the liars.

11. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Hey Greg - how do you and the cra's and creditors justify lies in my credit file?

12. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. Not to mention the deceptions of false verifications.

-ditto

13. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

Those who don't lie, don't get removals, don't get higher scores, and then pay higher rates. It has nothing to do with those who do lie.

And let's drop the "lie" out of the whole thing. If there is even one tiny inaccuracy, I have the right to dispute as inaccurate. This doesn't make me a liar!

And if I do lie, why do you care?

Pat

14. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

I do not try to justify them. I'm fighting them.

The Credit Scoring Site was only Act One of three. creditaccuracy.com is Act Two. Of course, as we all know, the second act is where all the action happens, leading to a climax right before the end-- setting up the resolution in the third and final act.

It's all very classic and predictable, really.

15. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

I'm not here to give you an economics lesson, but I'll take the challenge of trying to get through to you:

If I have $1,000 in iincome, you have $1,000 in income, I have $100 in debt and you have $100 in debt, but your finance charge is $10 less than mine because you lied, you are able to afford the better bicycle so you can go further and faster and deliver more papers and live better than me. You pass your ill-gotten savings (and sense of economics) on to your offspring who, in their day, do the same.

Your family ends up richer than mine-- and in the biggest mansion in town with the finest car in the garage-- becuase of its lies. But I want that auto and house, and I'm going to get them by making them less affordable to you, and more to me through economic pressure on you.

16. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

That's not an economics lesson, that's a short story. Here's another short story.

You have a job paying $50K had many many late payments, continually ducked and ran from CA's and claimed bankruptcy ...did not lie ...and are now rebuilding and applying for credit. I have a job paying $50K clean credit pay my bills on time every time, but somehow had a mistake in my college days got way behind on a credit card that was sent to collection and charged off.

If I can NEGOTIATE with the CA by having them remove the negative entry in return for me paying the debt in full!

Why should you get a better loan rate than I in that scenario...does it "justify" the negotiation in that case? Where do you draw the line, and call my negotiation a "lie".

Not reporting a negative is NOT A LIE! It is a non-disclosure. Nowhere on my report will it say "I did not fall behind on the card". It will simply say nothing about it at all.

-Dave

17. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Dont know why that posted twice so Im deleting the 2nd one.

18. godaddyo

It is sad that someone who has as much education s you do would believe that those who repair there credit are some how stealing and lying. I find it quite humorous really. You see, I have $1000 and you have $1000. I invest and save and invest and save, until I have enough money to purchase a subprime lending company. I focus my business on ignorant and unsuspecting customers who become slaves to my high interest foolishness. I become rich due to the unfortunate circumstances of those in a impoverished state. I may take advantage of the fac t that they do not have a financial intelligence that will keep them from signing the 90 days same as cash installment contract or that 24% interest credit card. They need those things and they are going to get them wether it is feasable or not. I decide that I should pull their credit reports and laugh at their inability to pay me back. Either way someone is giving me the go ahead. They are saying "rob me blind and Ill pay you for it". Oh what a life of usery. LoL

Greg your economic lesson makes no sense. Who are you trying to fool. How does making it an even playing field going to cure anything. The credit industry is based around one thing "Money". If it were based around morals and nobility, then it would not exist as it does today. You have no rights my friend. Let me give you an example. IF you or anyone else you know owns a home. Go down to the clerks office and see if you can obtain the actual deed to your home. You wont be able to. You dont actually own anything. You have payed the government for the priveledge of control, that is all. We have been paying a lot of people for the priveledge of control. Not because we wanted to, but because we have to if we want to survive. Credit card companies and the such are no better and should be treated accordingly.

19. Squawk1200

Squawk1200 Well-Known Member

LOL! C'mon, Greg, you know the way the game is played. The rules that define our rights are called laws. So long as I stay within the law, if what I do negatively affects your economic circumstances, that's just too bad for you. Simply because someone else is content to sleep on his rights does not impose upon me an obligation to sleep on mine so as not to disadvantage him.

20. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Greg,

I am a Christian, so lying to clean my credit is not part of my m.o. Therefore, I agree with you wrt lying to remove inaccurate information as a bad thing.

However, my Christian worldview contains one concept which you are overlooking in your posts...

that of mercy and grace.

I have had 13 negative items - all of which were derogatory due to my financial negligence - removed from my credit report since November 2000. Every item I had removed, I did so with the written consent or agreement of the creditor. At least 8 of the items removed were done so under a Federal LAW mandating their removal. The others were removed either because the companies agreed that their record keeping was incorrect or because they - plain and simply - wanted to give me grace. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

No one should ever lie to have things removed from their credit reports, I agree. But it is equally wrong and dangerous to assume that every person must pay the full penalty for his or her credit mistakes everytime. All people need some form of mercy and smart people do not reject mercy when it is offered to them. None of us are perfect and we all have screwed up in some area of life.

I'm absolutely certain that you have not gotten all that you have deserved and neither have I.

Moral righteousness is no good without mercy offered as a second chance.

Thankful for James 2:13,