Credit Repair - An Obsession?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dlo64, Jun 6, 2001.

1. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Bravo Bill!

I have heard soo many people say Fisher's website is helpful, but I am glad I am not the only one who does not understand the point or the information on his website.

Oh but here I am promoting his website, I almost forgot.

But your point is well-taken.

Cyprigirl:)

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Well, although I see no actual point in his website, he does have a lot of information on it. I'm sure there has to be a few grains of truth in there somewhere, based on the law of averages. He sure does have a lot of links to offweb sites, so there has to be a nugget or two in there somewhere.

The fact still remains that I saw no actual point in it that might be seen as being of any great value to him financially speaking. Maybe he puts in all that work just for personal aggrandizement. Who knows?

As one rather famous TV commercial of yesteryear used to say. "WHERE'S THE BEEF?"

3. dinob12

dinob12 Well-Known Member

It definetely can be..Every night since I started rebuilding my credit about 2 months ago I check with all of my credit account websites and see what is going on with my accounts...I think about it at work all day long since I work for a finance company and see beacon scores and other peoples financial situations..Since discovering this site I now have 4 subprime credit cards and make sometimes 3 payments a month on each one..I visit this site every day sometimes 3 times a day..BUT I LOVE IT...I am obssessed and really could not care..But it is getting on my girlfriends nerves though...GOOD luck to every one trying to find Life after Credit HELL !

4. racinut88

racinut88 Well-Known Member

Great place to learn. I can say this place helped me take a 598 on TU to a 696 in 1 dispute and I will check my experian score to see it should have went the same way. Equifax is another story. I went from 1300.00 with two cap1 cards to ad 2 citi platinum cards with a total of 7200.00 and bought a 2001 minivan with 3.9% interest. Great place.

5. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

Re: Greg: I disagree

As much as I'd like to respond to your four messages since I stated the above, Mr. Bauer, I'll wait until some others have a chance to comment-- if they dare disagree with you. You're quite... uh... prolific.

6. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Re: Greg: I disagree

Greg:

I do appreciate your considered reply.

However, let me be very specific about one of your comments.

I like for people to disagree with me. I like it very much for the very simple reason that we have a lot of bright minds in these forums and in the past many of them have shown me where I was wrong.

There is nothing wrong with being wrong. We are all human and we all err and I am most assuredly no exception. So when I am wrong, I want very much for those with more experience or more knowledge than I do to correct me. I appreciate that a lot because they teach me a lot of things.

However, when they use their obviously superior knowledge to attempt to put me down or make me look like some kind of fool because I made an error or even errors, I do tend to be come rather "prolific" as you put it.

All I ask is that I be treated by others as they would like me to treat them. I will do my level best to treat them with the same amount of respect that they treat me with.

I hope that clears up any misconceptions that may be present.

Thank you again

7. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

I have no misconceptions.

8. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I have no misconceptions.

Gee! That's nice. I wish I were ALWAYS so fortunate.

You are a rare breed indeed.

C ya

9. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

Greg,
    If I was lost on the subject and I didn't have the educated background on how money and the banking system really works, I would definitely disagree with Mr. Bauer. Since Bbauer has been on this earth a lot longer than I, he has definitely come to terms with what our government and the banking system our all about. It is unfortunate that many others portray the question that you have posted as a mere truth or some type of injustice is caused from those who take away accuracy from the credit bureaus. The federal reserve is a private company that is run by private individuals, not politicians that are elected by the people. It is hardly in the hands of the American People at any given time. If you can prove otherwise give it a try and I will personally crush any argument you could possibly make in regard to our current banking system. The current state of lending in this company is a joke and I could go on all day. I have data that dates back to the 1930's that can take you through the entire revolution that has taken over our way of life in this country. You posts our counterproductive to the individuals who are trying to create a decent financial future for themselves. Your post or provocative, but they lack any truth for those who are interested in righting any wrongs in their lives. I am actually getting bored talking about it... I think that anyone who is looking to this board for advice on credit repair should probably ignore these particular posts, unless they are looking for a little bit of laughter...If you believe what you are stating then by all means reply, if not then lets quit the negative display of guilt trips....

10. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Hi gdaddyo

You know, I often muse about how good it would be if America could be put back on the gold standard and in the process forced to pay back all the money they have robbed the American people out of over the 60 or more years that have passed since we went off the gold standard. As you are well aware of, there are a great deal of people who publicly advocate just that.

Unfortunately, their ideas and dreams are as futile as the dastardly deed for which a man will die in just a few more hours in Terre Houte, Indiana. And since the feat would result in a total global economic meltdown if actually put into practice, any thoughts of it ever coming to pass are simply pipe dreams, and any public discussion of the problems we face and the enormity of them meet with incredulity and little more.

People's eyeballs simply glaze over when one discusses such ideas in public and that is because people have simply never been taught to think about those kinds of things nor to understand such simple concepts as the fact that back in 1935 the going price for a brand new Ford 2 door sedan with radio, heater and what few optional accessories as then existed was $735.00. and today it is about 22 times that much money and the difference is basically the result of the inflation caused by our monetary policies. People simply do not know or care that their labor is worth about 1/22nd what it was in 1935. They say it makes no difference to them because even if their labor is worth 1/22nd what it was back then, their have a standard of living at least 22 times better than they had back then, they are better fed and live much more comfortably than the people did back then and we accomplish that with something quite possibly resembling 1/22nd less physical labor than they did back then. So they could care less. They don't even want to hear about it.

And if one attempts to further the the argument with the awful truth that all wealth has it's limita, they also totally fail to understand or even care about what that statement portends for future generations. But that deceptivly simple statement should be telling them is that since all wealth has it's limits, that also applies to all nations and all peoples because the limit of all wealth is quite obviously the sum total of all of our natural resources which are not limitless either.

In fact, they illustrate their total lack of comprehension by the ways in which they mismanage their credit and fail to understand how to make it work for them. I cringe when I stop to muse on the fact that only a very few short years ago I fell into the exact same traps as those who now ask me for help in repairing their credit. I did so because I built an income from nothing that most only fantacize about and then suddenly went into retirement and an income level that was reduced by an equally unimaginable amount. I was so busy that I didn't even think about retirement. I just figured that I would face that day when it arrived and suddenly it did.

Stupid, but that's what I did. So I ended up unable to pay for the luxuries I once knew and had become accustomed to, and ruined personal credit and worse. Then the awful realization came to me what a fool I had been, so I set out to learn how to rebuild my credit and my world.

Thankfully, I did not in actuality lose any of my assets because before my retirement I put all that I had built up into a perpetual trust which cannot be raided by anyone but will pass on to my family for generations after my death. So I still have access to all of the things I built up over the years but do not own anything at all. So now I still work for the trust and can tap into it's assets, but can't ever sell any of it for my own personal benefit. And no creditor nor personal lawsuit can ever touch it.

And as a result of what I have learned these past few years, I've just about deleted all my adverse credit ratings and only have maybe 3 or 4 to go and I'm also well on the way to rebuilding my ruined personal credit and in about 50 days, I'll start a legal process which is pretty well guaranteed to not only recoup the 2 houses I lost due to my own foolishness but should also be able to get a huge amount of damage awards as well. Only time will tell whether that becomes reality or is just a pipe dream.

Well, I've strayed from the actual thread of this post as I so often do, so I'll recap a tad.

It's a shame that we don't teach our kids the reality of what they face if they do not manage their personal and public resources more wisely than we seem to have done. Yes, we have gained tremendously, but what is going to happen when we have reached or even exceeded the limits of our wealth?

I'd guess we will just have to "skip town" if that option ever becomes a possibility. Our space exploration is the only hope mankind has of "skipping town."

Have a nice one.

11. godaddyo

Bill,
    I dont romantasize the thought of backed currency too often. Although, I do believe that the current system is totally out of control. One would like to think that the American People had a better grasp of economics, but the truth is that the people are just too scared to accept what is true. On the other hand, people arent stupid. We do sometimes catch on to what is actually going on. I think that some of the IRS and Social Securtiy reforms are going to bring real relief to a lot of people. We will just have to wait and see. A little at a time adds up to a whole lot of changes for everyone..I would hate to give up hope, but my realist side does seem to get the best of me...

12. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I dont romantasize the thought of backed currency too often.
    I didn't mean to insinuate that you did. The thought never crossed my mind.

Although, I do believe that the current system is totally out of control.

I guess that depends on how one looks at the situation. Like most things governmental, it's a Medusela's head full of snakes, each with a different twist. On one hand, the situation is indeed out of control, while on the other, they are doing an admirable job of controlling the economy at the same time. While it sure isn't all roses, it isn't all sour grapes either.

One would like to think that the American People had a better grasp of economics, but the truth is that the people are just too scared to accept what is true.

Also they simply don't give a hoot as long as their bellies are full, they have a decent roof over their heads, a few luxuries and a few cans of beer to sip on while being entertained by the sitcoms.

On the other hand, people arent stupid.

Of course not. They just don't want to bother their brains with realities and theories that they don't perceive as being a real and present danger. After all, such matters are best left to the government which has always taken care of them from cradle to grave.

We do sometimes catch on to what is actually going on. I think that some of the IRS and Social Securtiy reforms are going to bring real relief to a lot of people.

At least we can always hope so.

A little at a time adds up to a whole lot of changes for everyone..

I would hate to give up hope, but my realist side does seem to get the best of me...

I resemble that last remark!!!

LOL

13. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

I'll reply regardless of what I believe, and I'll "guilt trip" you into tomorrow whenever, how often and as much as I feel like it, daddy-o.

As one who is concerned about his Second Amendment constitutional rights, I would think you would be more concerned with my rights under the First Amendment. After all, the pen is mightier than the sword.

On the other hand, perhaps you want to be able to shoot me if we disagree.

I'm not into conspiracy theory. Here's something to which you can probably relate: TIME Magazine reported "Norman Olson cut a sorry figure as he announced the disbanding of his Northern Michigan Regional Militia group last week" (Tired of Training for The Apocalypse, May 14). In 1995, Olson (who runs a gun shop-- what a coincidence) predicted that the Consitution would be suspended within two years.

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3aed9eb8655a.htm

And, show your 70 years of data. Why sit on it? Enlighten America. Show us how our ridiculous, blind faith in Keynesian economics and kowtowing to Alan Greenspan is taking us down the tubes.

I'm still waiting for comment from others; it isn't even Monday when those who'll read this from work will have a chance to respond in this unfettered, open forum of opinions. I'll take yours as a disagreeing vote, genuflecting to the Bauer mantra (of the day).

14. godaddyo

â?

I am definitely in disagreement with your commentary and your objective, which is to cause grief and trauma to those already traumatized. I am sorry for clogging up your thread with my idiosyncrasies. Wait a second you didnâ??t even start this thread, it was actually directed towards those who are venting about their sudden obsession with learning about credit repair, an evil subject matter as far as your concerned. Why do you post your controversial points here? Yes I do realize that you probably get great entertainment value from making people squirm that are exercising their rights to repair their credit. You seem to be the only one who is shooting everyoneâ??s need to repair his or her credit here. Do you secretly have bad credit? Do you just post here as a cover up to your real agenda, which is to obtain useful information on repairing your credit?? Ahhh, the Conspiracy unfoldsâ?¦â?¦..

By the way Alan Greenspan is doing a great job. If it werenâ??t for him this country would be in even more trouble.. I am not anti-Greenspan; I am just a constitutionalist, who doesnâ??t believe it is a living-breathing document up for change at the flip of a coinâ?¦.

I think Mr. Fisher is bored and so each day he thinks up new questions to aggravate the posters on this forumâ?¦ I even know where he gets his material. The governmentâ??s congressional findings as follows:

§ 602. Congressional findings and statement of purpose [15 U.S.C. § 1681]
    (a) Accuracy and fairness of credit reporting. The Congress makes the following findings:
    (1) The banking system is dependent upon fair and accurate credit reporting. Inaccurate credit reports directly impair the efficiency of the banking system, and unfair credit reporting methods undermine the public confidence which is essential to the continued functioning of the banking system.

Wow, imagine that. The government banking system needs are personal information for any reason they deem fit. Geesh! Gosh! Greg, I am amazed with your findings. Perhaps you are in agreement with their findings. Yippee!!! Thanks for informing us! No, I definitely do not agreeâ?¦This is nothing personal. I just canâ??t stand for anti-credit repair agendas. There is no room for them hereâ?¦

15. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Awwww give it up, GoDaddyo. We all know you are a passionate secret admirer of Sarah Brady. Rumor has it that you were the one that started her fan club.

LOL

16. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

"LOL," yourself. Your flock figured it out before you did, Mr. Bauer: You "most vehemently disagree" with the fundamental premise of our law.

You said, "Unfair credit reporting methods help the banking system much more than it hurts it." Scroll up to see your comments.

Would you give us your keen analysis on the body of the code, now?

17. bbauer

bbauer Banned

We don't settle things that way around here. We settle things like that by the 3 kicks rule.

18. The Kid

The Kid Well-Known Member

I'd say that Mr. Fisher has made some convincingly valid points in this thread. Any response to that?

BTW, we can all thank Mr. Fisher for spearheading the effort that resulted in consumers' ability to obtain their credit scores.

19. godaddyo

He is trying to make a moral issue out of the credit industry. For this alone, I disagree with him on all points.

If I re-negotiate my credit rating with a CRA, creditor, collector or whoever, it is my free right to do so. It is not in anyway, undermining the system. If you want to look at what is really screwing the system, take a look at the FICO scoring model. It doesnt matter if a real human being looks at your credit report anymore. The score rules all and that is a shame.

In our society there is criminal law and civil law. I don't see changing your credit history as breaking the law in either. THere is absolutely no law that says changing your credit history is illegal. Our very own government does it by rehabilitating student loans.

20. The Kid

The Kid Well-Known Member

Yeah, consumers can rehabilitate loans, then the accurate credit info. gets deleted. I wonder if consideration was given to the potential deleterious effects on the banking system...