Credit repair attempt stonewalled!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by linzzie, Jun 6, 2001.

1. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Breeze: I could not have said it any better. Personally, I found G. Fisher's website to be confusing than helpful, although there was some interesting info. Nonetheless, my saying is if you have nothing good to say about a situation, then do not say anything at all.

Linzzie: I agree with Breeze, check out if you have that credit card protection, because Providian is always trying to sell it.

Good Luck!

Cyprigirl :)

2. Cyprigirl

Squawk:

Arguing is when you have a point you are trying to get across or trying to persuade the other person, Arguing is not about ridiculing a person or throwing around allegations without factual basis.

Just my 2 cents!

3. Cyprigirl

Correction!

Shantel: Well said about G. Fisher.

4. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

I think your right about that Squawk1200. I think he likes to play devils advocate. At the same time it seems he has a problem with people lying or pushing others into payment for deletion arrangements. I think that he might have some boy scout complex about honesty. Then again maybe I am trying to get him all wound up in order to get the true picture...Hmmmmmm?

5. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

Have they charged the debt off yet? Unfortunately, if they have not done so. they will usually not negotiate with you. Many times you will only get a lower interest rate or a reduction on the amount owed. I would not pay them a penny, unless they negotiate. They have probably already ruined your credit to a subzero FICO score. You have different ways to approach the situation. I need to know if they have charged it off......

6. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

Greg:

All she is doing is negotiating favorable terms for herself. No evil involved. If they accept her terms, they get paid in full and she gets what she wants. If they say no, she will probably have to pay them and take the negative on her credit report

We all negotiate every day. It's part of life. Sometimes an agreement can be worked out that benefits both parties. Negotiation does not always mean someone will lose.

I think what she is looking for is some advice, not criticism.

7. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

Show us the "incident", Cyprigirl.