Credit Repair Help?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ED, Oct 15, 2000.

1. ED

ED Well-Known Member

I have a couple of things that I want deleted from my credit reports, they are mostly stupid mistakes I made in my younger years, I have 1 30 day late, 1 60 day late and 1 90 day late listings, I really dont think this is very serious but these things are killing my credit and my ability to qualify for better credit deals, car loans etc...

I've tried to dispute these and I did get a couple of things removed but the one's listed above I can not get removed, the CRA's always find a way to deny my request to dispute these.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

2. David

David Well-Known Member

Are they inaccuracies? It doesn't sound like it from your post.

The way it stands, if you did indeed make the late payment mistakes, then you are bound to having them reported by the creditor.

3. ED

ED Well-Known Member

So what is all this talk I hear about people and companies being able to delete items from a credit file? I've seen it on this board countless times, and from what I hear, it's done everyday, it sure sounds like it can be done even if the items are correct, so I dont think I'm bound to anything, I just need someone that knows what they're talking about to respond to my question. Thanks anyways.

4. Barry

Barry Guest

If it were me working to remove these items, I would send in the investigation request listing reason "A", wait for a responce, then wait a few months (60-90 days) and re-send it, changing the reason now to reason "B", and do this till its removed. Some CRA's will fight you on the requests, but keep sending them, its only costing you sometime and a stamp. Sooner or later, it will drop off...just takes sometime.